Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Ron
    I dug the wire harness out tonight. I will send it tomorrow.

patrick

Smile Welcome to the Forums.........

Quote Originally Posted by TimMaddox View Post
    .......MOST IMPORTANTLY, one of the club's purposes is to preserve the history of Pontiacs, Oaklands and GMCs. There is just as much technical knowledge to be learned from an old clunker as there is a pristine car........ Every worn out daily-driver has a story to tell and lessons that could be learn - the best way to determine how to restore a car (or determine if a restored car is correct) is to see as many unrestored cars as you can, no matter what their condition.........
    Welcome Tim, and thanks for your thoughtful and informative first post. Many collectors fail to realize the importance of "survivor" cars to the collector car hobby. As they say "it's only original once".

Les
    1966 GTO Sport Coupe
    1968 Grand Prix
    1972 Trans Am clone

Talking Driven class progress......

Penny called yesterday to inform me that the new "Road Warriors" class (thanks Mike ) is planned to premiere @ the 2010 WV POCI National Convention.

Spread the word now, and DRIVE your Pontiac, regardless of it's condition to the 2010 POCI National Convention .

Les
    1966 GTO Sport Coupe
    1968 Grand Prix
    1972 Trans Am clone

Looking forward to this new class.
    thanks Mike

patrick

Glad the class is going to happen. I hope it has the highest number of participants!

We'll have one there, it may or may not be shiney. If I have to dig the 98 out and clean it up that'll happen.

Mike

Default club purpose

Back in the early days of POCI, it was not considered proper to tell someone what was wrong with their car, unless you happened to have the correct parts in hand, the tools to do the job, and were willing to contribute the labor--gratis.

Wink POCI early days.......

Another great idea from the old days; must of made for a really quiet showfield .

Les
    1966 GTO Sport Coupe
    1968 Grand Prix
    1972 Trans Am clone

Default old days

That was back when we still were looking for good, better best, not trying to find something to call wrong. You will note that judging starts with the full allotment of points, and the judges look for something to call wrong so they can deduct points, and the owner has to prove it is right. The hood orniment on my car is 42. The last 10,000 cars built at Pontiac in 51 with the non-lighted hood orniment used that. I have a dealer bulletin notifying dealers of that.
    Just because you didn't go up to a guy and yell at the top of your lungs "I found something wrong with your car and I'm going to tell", doesn't mean that people didn't ask questions and recieve answers. Back when I was still selling parts, there was a guy with a 46 that was pretty rough. I'd sell him something, and see that he had installed it soon after that. I wonder what happened to him?

022561 Guest

No kidding Les, a great way to exchange information. I could see it back then, the guy next to you in your class thinking to himself " I know that guy next to me has the wrong water neck on his car ", but I ain't gonna tell him.

Don

Talking Sounds like great times.........

Kinder, gentler times appear to be gone forever in our chosen hobby and in our lives . 50scars, you were fortunate to have been of age in that era, and thank you for sharing these great snapshots of the hobby during those times . Your story about selling parts to the guy w/ the 46 reminds me of "one man's junk is another man's treasure".

Les
    1966 GTO Sport Coupe
    1968 Grand Prix
    1972 Trans Am clone