Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pete
    i have put the info re: contact in Charleston PD in my notes. If this Show happens at this convention I will be getting back in touch with you for that.

We agree about the significance of cruising for the best memories.
    Frank & Penny

Normally at some other National events a small cruise is always part of the festivities. A poker run to a restaurant is always fun. For those that have never done a Poker Run you just have a starting place and a destination. Everyone gets a map and a card to start. Three stoping places along the way each car gets another card at each. One more at the final location. 10 bucks are so to enter. Best poker hand wins. Usually pay 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Fun little cruise and a game to boot. You need at least 4 people to run this kind of event, but more helps.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

Default driven class

Back in the dark ages, when POCI first worked on judged classes, Don Bougher and I proposed a Concouers D' Ordinaire class. This would be for cars that were as they actually were at age 5 or so, with some after market parts, a little wear, and display items, like car seats, kid's toys inside, sort of like the parking lot at a picnic ground. One of the questions we asked, sort of tongue in cheek, was whether to consider rust to be a modification, or a fact of life. I don't have to tell you the kind of response we got.

Quote Originally Posted by cquist View Post
    Normally at some other National events a small cruise is always part of the festivities. A poker run to a restaurant is always fun. For those that have never done a Poker Run you just have a starting place and a destination. Everyone gets a map and a card to start. Three stoping places along the way each car gets another card at each. One more at the final location. 10 bucks are so to enter. Best poker hand wins. Usually pay 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Fun little cruise and a game to boot. You need at least 4 people to run this kind of event, but more helps.
    Carl, that takes me back about 25yrs, ago when my club had the 2 day show. We did the poker run thing, it was fun, but my station was the 2nd. last one, & being extremely hot that day, sitting at the side of the road, waiting & waiting, cracked a "beer" still waiting, had another, by the time they showed up, late in the afternoon, I was in the BAG & had to get another member to drive me back to the show area!!! AH!! those were the days!!
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Quote Originally Posted by 50scars View Post
    Back in the dark ages, when POCI first worked on judged classes, Don Bougher and I proposed a Concouers D' Ordinaire class. This would be for cars that were as they actually were at age 5 or so, with some after market parts, a little wear, and display items, like car seats, kid's toys inside, sort of like the parking lot at a picnic ground. One of the questions we asked, sort of tongue in cheek, was whether to consider rust to be a modification, or a fact of life. I don't have to tell you the kind of response we got.
    Rust had damned well better not disqualify a car from ANY event. By doing that you alienate a large portion of themembership who own cars that aren't perfect;y restored. That line of thinking has diminished the numbers on show fields for years. Because of it some of the most interesting cars at events are inthe PARKING LOTS. Overrestored cars with perfect door gaps sure as hell don't represent how these cars were built and shouldn't be all that are allowed into an event.

If you want to get the club's membership / events attendace to increase you need to include ALL members regardless of the condition of their car or truck.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; December 20th, 2009 at 20:24.

022561 Guest

Mike, I love your independent spirit! I think you would die if you didn't live in the U.S.A. In most countries in Europe and in Japan you can't even register a car to drive if it has rust. You know all of our progressive people that have been running the country this past year think it's a dandy idea.

Don

Don, that bunch ruining my grandkid's future in political power right now can KMA, if they don't like what I drive they can work around to the Front side.

A little rust showing adds character to a true driver /survivor. Anyone who looks down on a car with patina is a snobbish elitist. As I said above and have said repeatedly Seat time is the best way to promote thses cars, let's face it that's the easiest way to get someone interested in the hobby.

In our house it's a lifestyle but I know this isn't the norm.My kids love my cars and beg to ride in them. I make sure to do that on a regular basis.

Mike

I think it is more the emissions than the rust. Rust is like mad cow disease for autos. Weld in some good metal and keep the car alive.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

TININDN Guest

Concouers D' Ordinaire class

Now - that's the best name I've heard yet!

Quote Originally Posted by TININDN View Post
    Concouers D' Ordinaire class

Now - that's the best name I've heard yet!
    YEP, that "TOPS" them all, I think that's ONE!!!!!!! & it has a classy "ring" to it
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"