Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TININDN View Post
    Pete & Mike:

I see your general point, but, not all cars entering Points Judged are "trailer queens", and, in fact, some driven cars actually do quite well in points. Example, if i remember, there was a GTO driven to the Denver Convention from New Mexico, that received the concours award - 400 points! I have a '64 Catalina that is a POCI Points Champion, that I drive to local shows (bias tires), and a '63 Catalina that has won gold (396/400) in points modified that also gets driven just about everywhere - ask Mike or Les. I was a member of the judging team that scored Les Iden's GTO gold modified with its factory original paint.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind the "driver movement". But, we're a diverse group, and there always will be "trailer queen" folks in every club.
    Not in my local club of 15 members,everyone drives them, as a matter of fact, 3 of the guys are going on the cross Canada tour summer of 2010. Starts in Newfoundland & finishes in B C that means across the country twice towing house trailers, behind their "old" cars, not on them!!!
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Thumbs up Count me in..

I'm already a member of the "can't get enuf windshield time club", having driven the GTO 2600 miles to the 2002 GTOAA National in Denver CO, 3500 miles to the 2003 POCI Nationals in St. Louis, and 3,000 miles to the 2004 Pontiac Southern Nationals in Ennis TX; we also drove the GP 5,000 miles to the 2005 POCI National in Greenville NC and another 4500 miles to this year's Co-Vention in Dayton OH . I am retired and living my dream which is to take my cars out and play with them .

As Dave mentioned there is room in our little niche of the collector car hobby for all tastes. This is an attempt to attract more POCI folks to bring their Pontiac to the National, regardless of it's cosmetics. As Mike frequently says "these cars were meant to be driven" .

Les
    Last edited by Les Iden; December 19th, 2009 at 18:58.
    1966 GTO Sport Coupe
    1968 Grand Prix
    1972 Trans Am clone

Check out our reply on the message board titled Driven Class Proposal. We had same reaction to Don's Dec editorial and we posted our idea on the Message Board.
    Let us know what you think.

Frank & Penny San Marco

022561 Guest

Hey guys, we all like cars? don't we? The only problem I have is what I stated above in the thread. To me as far as POCI is concerned is the chapter events should be points judged and popular vote judged just like at the convention. If the chapters do this everyone will be happy. The trailer queen guys have their idea of a car, and the popular vote guys can have a daily driver section in addition to stock / semi mod. / full mod. but remember it's popular vote so we will still have that red car beat out that beige car just because it's red. Can everyone live with the above?? As far as local shows/no brand specific, I just go to have fun & don't care anything about the awards, I mean what can you do when you own two step child brands that are out of business and living in the land of Chevy mania.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by 022561 View Post
    Hey guys, we all like cars? don't we? The only problem I have is what I stated above in the thread. To me as far as POCI is concerned is the chapter events should be points judged and popular vote judged just like at the convention. If the chapters do this everyone will be happy. The trailer queen guys have their idea of a car, and the popular vote guys can have a daily driver section in addition to stock / semi mod. / full mod. but remember it's popular vote so we will still have that red car beat out that beige car just because it's red. Can everyone live with the above?? As far as local shows/no brand specific, I just go to have fun & don't care anything about the awards, I mean what can you do when you own two step child brands that are out of business and living in the land of Chevy mania.

Don
    Hey Don, I've got an idea, how about a "red" car only class????
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

022561 Guest

Pete, that would be perfect.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    That might help!

Seriously though, I just want everyone to feel welcome and be able to participate, whether it's a late-model, beater or trailer queen.

Extra points in that class for CRAGARS also!

Back in the Day If it was RED It had CRAGARS and AIR SHOCKS on it!

Default Mailing

Just got my Dec. S/Signals to day,18th. don't know if mag. was sent out late or I got it on time??? No members anywhere near me to check with???
    Pete,
    The mags were sent out on November 22 or 23. Most people in the US got theirs Nov. 30 to December 2.
    Alan
    Alan Mayes
    Tullahoma, TN
    Southern Division Director
    1961 Ventura 2-door kustom

Allan, thanks for that info, that answers my question, almost a month to get here, thats why I bailed out of the club before + other reasons!! That's way too long if your looking for anything advertised in it, it's gone by the time the signals gets here. I know it's on line, but I still like to sit down & go thru the mag. & it takes "forever" to download it. It's the mail service that's out of whack??? Anybody else have the same problem???