Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I also offer the following suggestion,

for our fellow POCI members who are not online, take advantage of the members that are online, by having online POCI members perform a function - call it "non-technical advisor parts locator". This is actually inspired by something I remember Don Keefe doing a while back when there was some sort of classified ad mix-up, anyway, how I could see this working is that a network of "POCI parts locators" would be created, I offer to be the first one, how it would work is for example, Dualquadpete you need to find out from your non-online friends exactly what part(s) are they looking for, I need precise descriptions, part numbers, interchange with other years/models, color if it matters, in other words, all the info to identify if a classified ad might be of interest to a non-online member and I will need to know the friends phone number. You could get this info from your friend and email it to me, or have your friend phone me.

Then each month as soon as the online SS issue comes out, I will quickly search the classifieds for any matching parts, and if there are any matches I will phone your friend, and provide the details from the ad over the phone.
    Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi

That's a cool idea, I;ll run that by John & Wilf & the others when I see one of them at the next cruise I go to up North. They are not close by at all. My nephew's wedding is next week[in Cuba} so will be away for a week. This is the reason I couldn't go to the convention this yr. have to keep peace in the family!!! I don't know why they picked Aug. to go there to get married, Feb would have been better, Visa is "maxed" out & I'll be all next yr. paying this "sucker" off!!! & what hurts the most is it will put the "skids" on doing the 52 for awhile till my late mother"s estate gets settled. Been a yr. now & still lawyer is working on it????
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Got my issue of S/S sometime in the 1st. wk. of Aug. while we were away in Cuba. I checked for a post mark on this edition & it says Jamica N Y ???? I thought these were mailed from "mid west" ??? Not complaining mind you , if it gets here like that from N Y then keep sending from there. I've never looked at the post mark before, but since the mth. b-4 took over a mth. to get here I thought I'd check it out!!!! Pete
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    Got my issue of S/S sometime in the 1st. wk. of Aug. while we were away in Cuba. I checked for a post mark on this edition & it says Jamica N Y ???? I thought these were mailed from "mid west" ??? Not complaining mind you , if it gets here like that from N Y then keep sending from there. I've never looked at the post mark before, but since the mth. b-4 took over a mth. to get here I thought I'd check it out!!!! Pete
    They are indeed mailed out of Jefferson City, Missouri- that is where the permit is from. I'm sure there are several stops between there and you. Sounds like the delivery time is improving for you.

5. Default

From a old Bulk mail worker, to be honest a 2nd class piece of mail shouldn't have a postmark anyway. I suspect as I have seen many times before, the mail was dumped at a bin in NY accidentally with some fresh 1st class material and ran through a cancel machine by mistake giving it the appearance it was mailed from NY. As a BOD I am happy to hear of the quicker arrival times people are having with their SS.

Larry Crider
    RT 66 Oklahoma
    POCI Director
    Southern Division