Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Canamman View Post
    Last:

Why can't I open any of these pictures Canamman has listed in all these posts, have the problen in other posts, click on box & nothing!!!! Pete
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Default pontiac patrol cars

Oakland County Mi used Pontiacs even during the flathead era. That was the county that Pontiac is in. Also, Beloit Wi. used Pontiacs used Pontiacs during the late 40s.
    Last edited by 50scars; December 17th, 2009 at 08:26. Reason: added information

As an owner of an ex NC HP Chevy 9C1 police car, I have a fond spot in my heart for this subject.

As for TV Pontiac Cop cars, my favorite is the Naked City series of the 1960's staring Adam Flint. Adam's unmarked car was always a Pontiac and Pontiacs were scattered in as many scenes as possible. The shot below shows a nice Catalina, but I am not sure if this is one of the many detective Pontiacs:

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for all the feedback guys, keep it coming, Todd C

5. Default Thread Photos

Pete
    this is the first thread that I can not open any of the photos nor are there links to the websites that are being posted. I thought it was my computer but again no problem on the other threads with photos.

Larry Crider
    RT 66 Oklahoma
    POCI Director
    Southern Division

Well, as it turns out the links I posted when I opened the topic do not work, probably my fault. However, I got all the photos OK. Todd C

As an owner of an ex NC HP Chevy 9C1 police car, I have a fond spot in my heart for this subject.

As for TV Pontiac Cop cars, my favorite is the Naked City series of the 1960's staring Adam Flint. Adam's unmarked car was always a Pontiac and Pontiacs were scattered in as many scenes as possible. The shot below shows a nice Catalina, but I am not sure if this is one of the many detective Pontiacs:

Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

022561 Guest

Ken, those 9C1's are great cars. I have a 76 Omega brougham that I special ordered new. After two weeks of delivery I had ALL 9C1 parts in that car. The car has white interior and my wife called it the great white knuckler. These days it driven about once a month for exercise.

Don

Yes they are. My 9C1 has an LT-1 350 engine that still runs as strong as a new after 168K trouble free miles. It burns no oil but sure will burn rubber!!

The car is build way over spec. It even has lifetime silicone rubber hoses.

Ken

022561 Guest

Ken, there is a weak link to those suspension systems. Originally my car came with a handling package (like chevy's F41) and the rear sway bar was a 1/4" job. The 9-C-1 is a 7/8 rear bar and the links to the body are different dia. but the bolt up to the body is the same. The welded bracket cracked the body about seven inches on both links so I had to weld up the cracks and install a support reinforcement. Can you tell I like to go around corners ??

Don