Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to keep an eye on that. The 9C1 probably has different suspension geometry than yours so the stress could be worse or better -- hard to tell.

I would guess if a link is broken, you can feel and hear it.

Ken

Since you've brought up other makes of Police Interceptors. I used to buy retired P/I's and use them for drivers. I've still got a couple of the 88-91 Chevies sitting here as rollers that I'm going to rob chassis parts off of and then part.

The one I miss the most and Rick's heard me mention over the yrs is a 1973 Cutlass ordered new as a Cruiser for a local Dept that lost it's funding before they took delivery. It was sold to an older gentleman who used it to pull a boat / camper, then traded at t he dealer I worked at, sold to a pair of sisters who drove it a yr and traded it back in. I bought it off the lot for a deal and cleaned it up as a driver, eventually went thru the engine and trans. It died in an accident that bent the frame. It was the last of the true W-30 cars with a TH400 and a low 3 series gear. HD chassis and cooling,reclining bucket seats,cloth interior, console, full instrumentation, AM/FM 8 track stereo, tilt, cruise, A/C. This car ran extremely well, handled like it was on rails, and was pretty economical when you kept your foot out of it. I'll have to see if I have any pics of it. From what I understand it was a pretty rare peice.

Mike

022561 Guest

Ken, the link dosen't break, it's the pad welded into the hump of the body where it goes over the axel that attaches to the link. After I welded in the brace all was fine until one day I twisted off the 7/8" sway bar. Originally it all started when going around a corner at low speed and I would get a snapping popping sound. I had my wife drive me around while I was in the trunk to find it (she's a bit of a prankster and she had a blast throwing me around in there and all the while I could hear her up front laughing) anyroad the crack in the floor 7", was flexing about 1/8" going around a corner at average speed.
    Just a FIY, A friend of mine bought about 500 of those 9C1 Novas off L.A. County and used them for various projects. I just wish I had some of the parts now.

Don

My Police car is a '94 Caprice 9C1 with the late model reverse cooled LT-1. I think the body and suspension is quite different.

022561 Guest

Ken, yes it is different, Mine is a X body, but shares front sub-frame and rear axel set up with camero-firebird (F body) and most parts with 76-79 cadillac seville-thats where I got the rear disc brakes.

Don