Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    Disagree with you 100% a closed site "turns" people away, as I attested to before & also sent comments to POCI office from members of CDN. site!! I stumbled across the CDN. Poncho site by accident one night, went in had a look around, liked what I saw & joined up, if the site had been closed, I would have said"screw" this" & left & that's exactly what most of the comments were that I sent to the Office that were posted by the members on CDN PONCHO site, so to keep it closed, & "nice & cosy" your shutting out possible new members!! I think we all try to get new members here, but some of the Pontiac people up here have no knowlege of the both clubs & some have been involved with POCI & have left because of prevoius problems with club [ as I did & am giving it another shot] & won't come back no matter what, & that doesn't help the club when they are putting it down, so you have to go elsewhere to find members & there is your opening, by not having a closed site!!!!
    Pete, We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I don't think you'll gain a club member by allowing the site to be public accessable, if anything I think you'd lose some. The site is a perk of membership.

Like you I've looked at joining the Club in the past and have decided against it because of the politics involved.I decided to give it a shot a few yrs ago and like what I've seen so far. I know that the previous issues have run off some good members that are great sources of infomation, and that's a shame.That's why it's important to vote in the elections, research who you're voting for and be involved in the process.

I'm bringing this up again, as I didn't have any response's to any of my recent threads about moving the swap section. Once again I'll relate what happened when I was in Charleston a few weeks ago. I met a POCI member giving out Convention flyers at a local show, mine was the only Pontiac there. I chatted with him & asked if he was on this site much, he said" I go to the swap section regulary" I asked what about the" forurm section" or anywhere else?? Answer was NO just goes into the swap & has never looked anywhere else on site,so I think that says " MOVE IT OVER HERE" Is it a Big Job to do that,I have no knowllege of how hard it is to do that, or is it that the "higher ups" don't want to ??? Think this is something that should be done!!!!Also in the thread about my trip down there I thought for sure someone that read it ,would have commented on the Troops in Afganistan, Canada has been fighting there since the start & has lost troops there, we even have part of our 401 Hwy. here marked as "THE HIGHWAY of HEROS" thats the route that the hearse's follow when they bring our "fallen" heros home from Trenton Air Base to Toronto. My friend in Charleston tells us nothing is reported in US news about other countries being involved in the ground fighting or about the loss's that wev'e had over the years. Canadian news seems to cover the US side as well as others involved in the WAR Just wanted to let you folks know that we are there along side your troops, fighting for the SAME REASON
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

You bring up a great point about our fallen heroes Pete, maybe when they revamp the website to move the swap meet here they could consider a POCI member "Fallen Heroes Wall" here in cyber space that could be used for POCI members to post pics and commeratives, or for that matter give respect to any fallen POCI members if we've lost any. It's been a long war so far for our freedom. Heck, my soon to be 7 year old twins have never known a time without war.
    Last edited by GpFreak; June 20th, 2010 at 21:02.
    Steve Naresky

It is weird to think that kids about 8 years old that were in the 3rd grade watching the towers and first learning of terrorism are now the ones overseas fighting to keep our freedom.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

5. Default

For one, I'll be happy when this mess is over. My son will be leaving for Afghanistan again later this year. Sure makes for a nervous father.

Larry Crider
    RT 66 Oklahoma
    POCI Director
    Southern Division

Quote Originally Posted by 48Woodie View Post
    For one, I'll be happy when this mess is over. My son will be leaving for Afghanistan again later this year. Sure makes for a nervous father.
    Larry, we will be thinking about you & your son. Our prayers are with you & every other family that has loved ones over there. A friend of ours son just got back from there. It was his 4th tour of duty there, & said he'll go again to get the "TALIBAN" out,one way, or "THE OTHER
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

7. Default

Thanks Pete, we appreciate the thoughts and prayers!

Larry Crider
    RT 66 Oklahoma
    POCI Director
    Southern Division

To all who've served, Thank you, We can't thnk you enough for what you've given.

Mike

There needs to be a reason to join POCI. I can see the idea of letting non-members view the forms, and view the for sale ads, but if they want to respond, bys something, or ask a question, they need to help pay the bills--JOIN THE CLUB!!

Quote Originally Posted by 50scars View Post
    There needs to be a reason to join POCI. I can see the idea of letting non-members view the forms, and view the for sale ads, but if they want to respond, bys something, or ask a question, they need to help pay the bills--JOIN THE CLUB!!
    I've been saying the same thing in previous threads, but the higher ups don't seem to think this is a good idea!!! When I joined the "Canadian Poncho" group, that was one reason I did,I went into the site & saw what was available. There's only one or 2 spots you can't see, but you must sign up to post, reply,etc. If it had been "closed" site,I would have "MOVED ON" POCI's open side doesn't let prospective members see whats going on[even if right now there's not alot, lots of days "no new posts" ]