Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    Personally I'd rather use the forums than the swap meet area. My preference.

Mike
    Same here. One-stop shopping is better. Thanks
    Alan Mayes
    Tullahoma, TN
    Southern Division Director
    1961 Ventura 2-door kustom

Still think the swap section should be moved over here?? Just went in there to see what's new, showed 179 cars for sale, that's up from before, BUT, to find the new addition, you have to go through all the cars & HOPE you can remember what was there before & what the new vehicle is, this also pertains to everything else listed there!!!! or is there away to see "new" postings that I don't know about???
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Default Forums

I would prefer the classifieds be on the forums. We want to get more members on the forums so it makes sense to have it be as painless as possible. It's silly to have to go two different places on the club's website to see ads.
    Alan Mayes
    Tullahoma, TN
    Southern Division Director
    1961 Ventura 2-door kustom

I too believe moving them to the forum makes plenty of sense. While it is also logical to think that opening everything up to everyone makes things available to more people I understand the complicated issues why this shouldn't be done. (There is a lot of value in trusting the POCI community)

I do wonder if the site could post as a teaser on the public site a few adds each week that were on the forum site. (of course only adds that people want on the public access) These could change maybe weekly and run with the note to join the club and view hundered more adds on the forum. Plus all the other benefits.

Tim Lloyd
    Hanson Motor Co.

I've made this comment before about the forum in general, and it also applies to the swap meet -

my opinion - non POCI members should be able to observe - they should be able to view all the swap meet content and perform searches.

but to post a swap meet item or reply with a question or comment you must be a POCI member
    Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi

Quote Originally Posted by aukc View Post
    I've made this comment before about the forum in general, and it also applies to the swap meet -

my opinion - non POCI members should be able to observe - they should be able to view all the swap meet content and perform searches.

but to post a swap meet item or reply with a question or comment you must be a POCI member
    Mike, A BIG 10-4 on your opinion, I've stated before that on the CDN. PONCHO site, there are only a few places where you can't go without being a member, you can't respond to or place anything on site, but the sales& wanted area is "wide open" that way your not depending on members to buy your car or parts & if someone does see it or buy it they are more likely to join so they can get in on everything that's not available too them. Having the sales & wanted area & such to members only, limits your scope of people seeing it, & limits possible sales or finding a part that "maybe" in the hands of a non-member!!! I also check the visitor #'s on CDN> site & it's always quite high from all over the world, as it shows the country they are from, just adding my 2 cents worth again on this topic
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

I'm against opening the Forums to the public for a couple reasons.

If you want to sell something here pay the dues for a yr and mark up the parts to cover it. The Swap meet needs to be moved to the For Sale Forums here IMO.

If you open the forums up to the general public you're going to find a lot of problems that follow that choice and you won't like it. Traffic is good but it needs to be Members traffic. I've moderated for over 10yrs on the largest active Pontiac site on the net and I'm telling you what I've seen there. I would like to alieviate the growing pains here that we experienced there.

As I've said before Spread the word, Generate new members or encourage old members to join up here. Word of mouth will gain traffic here as quick as anything.

Mike

I'm against opening the Forums to the public for a couple reasons.

If you want to sell something here pay the dues for a yr and mark up the parts to cover it. The Swap meet needs to be moved to the For Sale Forums here IMO.

If you open the forums up to the general public you're going to find a lot of problems that follow that choice and you won't like it. Traffic is good but it needs to be Members traffic. I've moderated for over 10yrs on the largest active Pontiac site on the net and I'm telling you what I've seen there. I would like to alieviate the growing pains here that we experienced there.

As I've said before Spread the word, Generate new members or encourage old members to join up here. Word of mouth will gain traffic here as quick as anything.

Mike
    Mike, the forurms would NOT be open to non members to post but they could read them, so I don't see a problem there?????

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    Mike, the forurms would NOT be open to non members to post but they could read them, so I don't see a problem there?????
    Problem with opening sale forums to non members is they gain access to all ads, Therefore the possibility of a member losing a chance to buy parts/ cars/ literature to an outsider is real.

That's one of the benefits of being a member. It's the same with the info inside the forums. If a person can access it for free they won't join, If they don't join the club suffers, in membership, financially and in other ways most people don't consider.

The point behind the forums is to benefit POCI MEMBERS.
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; January 20th, 2010 at 21:17.

Problem with opening sale forums to non members is they gain access to all ads, Therefore the possibility of a member losing a chance to buy parts/ cars/ literature to an outsider is real.

That's one of the benefits of being a member. It's the same with the info inside the forums. If a person can access it for free they won't join, If they don't join the club suffers, in membership, financially and in other ways most people don't consider.

The point behind the forums is to benefit POCI MEMBERS.
    Disagree with you 100% a closed site "turns" people away, as I attested to before & also sent comments to POCI office from members of CDN. site!! I stumbled across the CDN. Poncho site by accident one night, went in had a look around, liked what I saw & joined up, if the site had been closed, I would have said"screw" this" & left & that's exactly what most of the comments were that I sent to the Office that were posted by the members on CDN PONCHO site, so to keep it closed, & "nice & cosy" your shutting out possible new members!! I think we all try to get new members here, but some of the Pontiac people up here have no knowlege of the both clubs & some have been involved with POCI & have left because of prevoius problems with club [ as I did & am giving it another shot] & won't come back no matter what, & that doesn't help the club when they are putting it down, so you have to go elsewhere to find members & there is your opening, by not having a closed site!!!!