Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Move the swap meet !!!

Awhile ago someone sugested that the "swap be moved over to here, "I whole heartedly agree" There is a double up of cars for sale,parts, etc. also we could avoid having to go through all the pages to get to the yr. or whatever your looking for!!! Right now the articles for sale & wanted etc. here on this side all seem to be put in by POCI office & not that many,as compared to the pages & pages you have to go through in the swap meet section. Any body else agree, or have another idea???
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

2. Default

I'd like to hear opinions from more members, whether we should close out the POCI web site "on-line swap meet" and only offer the member classifieds over here on the Forum side. We can certainly do that, I would need to work with the board on announcing a transition plan to the membership.

What do other think? Is it easier to post over here on the Forum side vs. the web site side?

Also, fyi - I opened up the photo attachments on the Forum side to allow SIX photos

Personally I'd rather use the forums than the swap meet area. My preference.

Mike

I'd prefer the swap meet here on the forum as well. I think it would be easier to navigate...

I think it should be over here but open to guests, You'd likely have a better chance at selling car or parts to a more "open" field of possible interest, than just members??? Pete
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Pete, I'm not interested in opening the forums up to the public. That brings on way too much trouble from people only interested in causing problems.

Mike

I think moving the swap meet to the forum and opening it up to guests are 2 seperate issues and should be treated as such. Let's sort out if the swap meet should move first, opening it up to guests could be a future consideration.
    Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi

I would be OK moving the swap meet to the forum, but we would need to add some funtionality to the site that may not be possible.

The search and sort criteria of the current swap site work very well. On a forum, a post gets buried quickly.

Ken

The only reason I think it should be open to guests, is to give them the oportunity to see what's available for sale. Having the parts & cars etc. only available to members, "limits" your scope to sell!! Who knows, maybe they will join after they have found their "dream car" here on this site???

Ok, here's a thought, move it over here, but don't have a forum format, if that's possible? That way you could just go to the catagory you want & yr. you want & see what's there?? Then just have the contact info so the people can take it from there. The format of the swap meet items now is not real easy to get where you want, in a short time span, ie. looking for a 70's car, have to start 1st/ page & maybe go through 6 to 7 pages before you get to those yrs??? Anybody else want to "chirp" in???