Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No body here

Yes, About 3 hrs NE of there.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    Yes, About 3 hrs NE of there.

Mike
    Crossing at Detroit,heading west from there to catch I 69 south to Indy, then down I 65 to Seymour area. One night in hotel there & then back home "weather permitting" Long drive, figure 10 to 12 hrs with no delays
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Watch your speed around Indy on I-465 especially. They're hitting out of state cars hard this time of yr. DOT will be out hot and heavy also so be sure your trailer's in order, especially the brakes.

Mike

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TININDN View Post
    Pete -

Just checked the Canadian Poncho site - if I'm reading the info correctly they have 1,322 registered users, we have 1,218 - not that far apart.

I'll try to get Don Keefe to put something in February Smokes to "steer" folks here.

I'll get something together- I think a house ad would be a good way to go. That way, I can move it around from issue to issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    Watch your speed around Indy on I-465 especially. They're hitting out of state cars hard this time of yr. DOT will be out hot and heavy also so be sure your trailer's in order, especially the brakes.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, no trailer this trip,just loading up the p/up. have a CB & that helps "sometime" & cruise control is better than my right lead foot!!!
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    Dave, I tried to send a reply I got off the CDN. site to POCI office. It may not be able to open it, as it was posted in one of the "few" area's that the puplic can't get to. In few words, the answer was " if they'd open the site to out side people, maybe they would join up when they see what's going on with the club, as soon as the password issue comes up, I LEAVE the site" & what's open isn't what I'm looking for" I hope that enlightens you, as to the feelings of a "closed" site
    Just checked my post on CDN. site again. At least 6 more replys saying that the "closed" site was a "put off" There are only 3 spots you can't get into on CDN. site with out being a member [free] & the main feeling was they are "content" with Cdn. site for their "unique cars" & no need to be involved with the POCI. One POCI member posted saying that the POCI was changing & should be considered for our cars!!!

not sure exactly what is meant by "open" site vs. "closed" site.

my opinion - non POCI members should be able to observe - generally they should be able to view site content and perform searches, maybe for specific forum categories there would be restrictions so only members can view - I'm sure the forum software supports such a capability, I think it's a standard forum software feature, just needs to be configured if we need it.

but to participate you must be a POCI member - buck up, it doesn't cost that much and it's a great value - if you want to start topics and post replys you need to join the club, don't think there is anything unreasonable about that.
    Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi

Mike, that is how the CDN. site is set up, you can go in & read the forums, whats for sale or wanted,& get into the posts for different years as they are broken down only 3 places you have to be signed up. You can't post or reply to the posts, but gives you a good idea what's happening & some tech. help that we have run into doing our cars. The sales & wanted area opens up a whole new prospective to buyers & sellers, as your not "limited" to members only looking at the articles put on site. It also gives the "browsers" a chance to "check out" the site, that's how I got in there, liked what I saw & joined up!!! I may join the Canadian Chapter, I think the double membership requirement may put more people off up here, from the feedback I'm getting off the site

TININDN Guest

Pete -

Let me offer that some join POCI just for the free use of the classified section in Smoke Signals. Allowing non-members to advertise at will and for free on the Forum would sort of defeat one of the benefits of being a POCI member, e.g. free advertising.

Secondly, those who complain about having to be a POCI member in order to be POCI Chapter members simply either don't understand or chose to ignore the obvious - and that is, the fiduciary relationship between POCI and its chapters.

aukc -

you might be on to something, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TININDN View Post
    Pete -

Let me offer that some join POCI just for the free use of the classified section in Smoke Signals. Allowing non-members to advertise at will and for free on the Forum would sort of defeat one of the benefits of being a POCI member, e.g. free advertising.

Secondly, those who complain about having to be a POCI member in order to be POCI Chapter members simply either don't understand or chose to ignore the obvious - and that is, the fiduciary relationship between POCI and its chapters.

aukc -

you might be on to something, IMO
    Dave, the cars & parts etc. on the site are member submitted, you can't put anything in unless you are a member, but non-members have access to see what's there & you have more scope of prospective buyers than just members looking!!!! I've had some phone activity on sale of car , but nothing from here on my car,calls were from non members of CDN site.