Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: No body here

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My car is all stock. Handling is from 1969. I may go to tubular a-arms and fun stuff. That means I would have to drive it a lot more. Not such a bad idea.

I thought the pictures would show, not the link or whatever it is you click on.

patrick
    Beating on Mom's car Again Patrick? Shame one you for doing what it was made to do!

That being said, A set of Larger sway bars, and a some custom rate springs will help that a lot. IME Eibachs ride like ****, Get your specs and call Coil Spring Specialties and have a set wound. I've had good luck with Variable rate units that allow some ride quality and handling capability. That 69 has got a lot more potential without spending a ton of money.

Mike

022561 Guest

Mike, Eibach will make a spring to your specification.

Don

Mike and Don
    The upgrades sound like a bunch of fun. I will be rebuilding my 66 Bonny convertible this spring. I would love to have it handle extreemly well.
    Mike recommended coil spring specialties and I have a price for front and rears. What determines the rate you want for better handling? Mike mentioned a progressive spring. Again how do you determine rate and anything else to be factored other than stock rates?
    I really would like to learn about suspension geometry.

The pics of moms car at the autocross were done at the GTOAA nats in columbus in 07. Brian did it again this year at Dayton. I was hurt and could not make it. Other than that its just driven for fun and parades. After bonnie I would love to make it into a "G machine" if that is the correct termonology?

um if this is what is termed as hijacking a thread. my bad. Put it where its ok, ok mike.

thanks for the help

patrick

022561 Guest

Hi Patrick, you might want to try www.ajdesigner.com or wwwzquicknovas.com for formula reference. Perhaps the best place to start would be h-oenterprises.com . Ken has all the trick stuff, not just the springs.

Don

To get back to original topic on this post, I just went through the parts for sale & cars for sale on this side of site, the majority of the adds are posted by club office, & on checking some of the adds, only phone # are listed, some adds that have been reponded to, the office has said to phone, as the member is "not wired" up to site. Me "thinks" this confirms my 1st. statement that alot of members are "not on line" as stated before, thus the "low turn out" here on the site????
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"