Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No body here

Question No body here

Hate to "rant" but I just came off the Canadian Poncho site at 4:45 Pm There are 10 members & 3 guests on line. Checked in here to see if any new posts or answers, & there is only one other member on line!!! No posts from today that I could find, don't know how to get more on here?? Otherwise this "forum" will die a slow death. Same members are posting & answering, over & over, me included, needs an "injection" of something !!!!!
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    Hate to "rant" but I just came off the Canadian Poncho site at 4:45 Pm There are 10 members & 3 guests on line. Checked in here to see if any new posts or answers, & there is only one other member on line!!! No posts from today that I could find, don't know how to get more on here?? Otherwise this "forum" will die a slow death. Same members are posting & answering, over & over, me included, needs an "injection" of something !!!!!
    Maybe promote it more Smoke Signals. Even something at the Nationals would be nice. A seminar of sort to show people how easy it really is.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

3. Default

I'm on several forums and with the exception of PY they are all slow. It's kind of a habit thing and until we can get people in the habit of checking in here it will remain slow.
    Maybe we should start posting of some fantastic deal you spotted here on the other sites. Everybody is looking for a deal these days.

022561 Guest

I put out a question for Jim Wangers to answer and one for Dave Anderson to relay the same but nowt happened. I've got a question still pending also out there for dualquadpete in the Canadian section - also unanswered.

Don

022561 Guest

OK Jeff, you start!

Don

022561, I've just been to Canadian section, don't see your post for ? for me??? Are you sure you "posted "there, Pete
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

022561 Guest

Hi Pete, the thread is actually in the legislative affairs under Ontario emission testing.

Don

Guys the best promotion for this site you can do is to spread the word. In 1998 P/Y was just like this site. I know I've been a member there since then and have Moderated There since the program was started 10 yrs ago. That site grew because of word of mouth and a common interest.

Pass the Word at club meetings and thru your circle of POCI freinds and members who may have been here 6-8 months ago and didn't come back. This site was down for quite awhile due to a situation that was not Club sanctioned from my understanding. Once those issues were ironed out the site was brought back online and now it's time to get the people who parti****ted in the early version to come back and to encourage new members to visit.

One person won't do this alone it'll take everyone.Btiching about it won't do a bit of good either, getting people in here will.

Mike

That's how and why people will show up here.

Quote Originally Posted by tigercars View Post
    I'm on several forums and with the exception of PY they are all slow. It's kind of a habit thing and until we can get people in the habit of checking in here it will remain slow.
    Maybe we should start posting of some fantastic deal you spotted here on the other sites. Everybody is looking for a deal these days.
    I don't know what forums you visit, but I spend time on the AAC forums, HAMB, Nitro ForumZ, Jeep Forums and the Land Rover Forum. All of these are busy at nearly every hour of the day and often at night as they are international.

Most people, like myself, find a forum when we Google a topic or question. If Google takes me to a private forum, I drop it and never come back. Surely that is what everybody else is doing.

I do appreciate that this forum is manageable, but it just is too small to be a dependable source of information. I have gotten some very good tips and in general I trust the info coming from a POCI member more than an outsider. We still can accept outsiders yet make a note on each avatar if we are POCI members.

Ken
    Ken

Ken, I think your on the right track here, on the Canadian Poncho site, you have access to most of the forum, there are only a few topics, where it's members only!! When I check to see who's on the site, alot are from Europe & the U S, as well as South America, & Austrialia!!! Most of the members have their name & location in their "stats" Where as here when I go to see who the "avaitar" belongs to, most have no info at all, as to where they are or name, or I'm doing something wrong to "pull" up that info. There is "no cost" to join the Canadian site, just the love of Pontiacs!!! Pete