Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Thread: Ram Air V

TININDN Guest

Default Ram Air V

Here's some goodies from the collection of Mats Broberg in Sweden -

Thanks Mats for Sharing -
    Attached Images Attached Images

TININDN Guest

And, some more -
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw one Ram Air V, it was bought as a crate motor and installed in a '68 GTO, it ran high 11's pretty easily, but he only got about a dozen runs before he blew it up. Last time I was in touch he still had the whole assembly, but that was at least 25 years ago. He lived in South Mills, NC, the engine came from one of the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area dealers.

Back in 1990 I was taking a computor class @IUPUI. I met "Kevin" I cannot remember his last name but he claimed to have 2 complete RA V motors. He did bring in a picture of his blue 66 GTO with an SD 421.
    His story was, he hung out at the us nationals and had many friends. This is where he picked up the engines. He also mentioned he had one of the aluminium 427 chebbies.

Oh to go back in time.

patrick

That was probably a Mckinney. If it was He wasn't lying, I talked Pontiacs with Sam several times and they had tons of Pontiac stuff and the knowlege to use it. The ran Mckiney Machine near Richmond and did great work. BTW his Dad Raced at the nats.

I think it was the Hard Times Firebird that they set records with @ MMS back in the day. The rules were changed because of that car and it's winning ways.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; January 6th, 2010 at 21:59.

Dang Mike you know everyone. boy that sure sounded familier when I read it. He mentioned he was keeping everything for his son. I remember he drove a red ford f-150.

patrick

That happens when you've campaigned a competitive Street or Strip racer. True Pontiac people were few and far between in the 80's.

Mike

It is such a shame that all our coveted american muscle car history is ending up over seas