Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
    022561 Guest

Default Jim Wangers Celebrity Ouestion

Hi Jim Wangers. I have a question about Royal Pontiac and the mechanic's that worked on those cars. In your book you spend some time on the subject of Frank Rediker and a lesser degree on Winston Brown. What happened to the relationship with these two guys after the 63 season? Did they have a falling out with the dealership? I have two pictures of a 65 Olds 442 drag car. One picture is the car in a Olds showroom with all these trophy's in front of it, and the other is the car in action at the dragstrip. On the front fenders of this car is the names Frank Rediker and Winston Brown appear. The sponsoring dealer is Edmonds Oldsmobile. Is this the dealership that Rediker worked at while he was prepping the Royal cars? The reason I'm asking is that their is alot of praise (" Father of the Royal Bobcat Treatment") for Frank in your book and in other magazines articles and then the trail goes cold. Nothing mentioned after 63 just like he vanished. Tell us the whole story.

Don

022561 Guest

Default Will Jim Wangers sign in?

Can Dave Anderson relay the message??

Firstly, I will once again tell all that Jim Wangers at 83 years of age does not sit in front of a computer. Do not expect him to read the forums (any forums) because he does not. I live with my computer and I do not read ALL the forums all the time.

If you wish to speak to Jim Wangers, he is always available to take a phone call from anyone. His contact information (as published on the www.geetotiger.com) is 760-941-9303 or email him at jim@geetotiger.com if you do not want to spend the coin to call. He does respond to emails.

Finally, in today's cyber world I continue to find it outrageous that people think that just because they make a post in space that it is seen and will gain an immediate response. If you need something ask it directly of the source...not cyberspace.

Don, I am not directing this solely at you. It is just that this comes up far to many times to keep track.
    Dave "Big Injun" Anderson
    dave@4mypontiac.com
    '66 GeeTOW Wagon (Tempest Custom)
    '67 GTO Pro-Street
    '01 GTP
    '09 G8 GT

022561 Guest

Sorry Dave, The reason I went this route was I thought more than one person would be interested in the questions.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by 022561 View Post
    Sorry Dave, The reason I went this route was I thought more than one person would be interested in the questions.

Don
    Don't sweat it Don. Once you talk with Jim feel free to post the pertinent points of your conversation.
    Dave "Big Injun" Anderson
    dave@4mypontiac.com
    '66 GeeTOW Wagon (Tempest Custom)
    '67 GTO Pro-Street
    '01 GTP
    '09 G8 GT

Hi Don, I'm certainly interested in Jim's response, so I hope you are intending to speak with Jim, and afterwards as Dave recommends, post something here regarding the conversation.

Meeting both Big Injun Dave and Jim W. in person was for me the biggest thrill of my Pontiac hobby experience. I'll just warn you, be ready to discuss the issues and express your opinion, Jim will be just as interested in what you have to say, as you will be interested in what Jim has to say.

This may not be the right place for it, but I read something just the other day, and I thought it very relevant. First the quote, and after the quote is the source.

“And then there are the clubs. I would hope that as they continue to mature they will recognize that there is more to the hobby than shows and drag racing and swap meets. They have an obligation to record the history of the cars they admire. Make sure someone is talking to the people who designed, engineered, and built these cars and making oral histories. One thing I have learned over the years in researching musclecars is that it’s the people who made the history. Once these folks are gone we’ll have only their paper history, and we need a repository for their collections so future historians and restorers can do research.”

That is a paragraph from the Rear View Mirror column by Paul Zazarine that appeared in MuscleCar Review magazine, the September 2000 issue, over 9 years ago. Although Paul's comments were about muscle cars in general I think his words should be very relevant to us today. Who better to make sure the history of Pontiac is gathered, researched, recorded and preserved, than us POCI members? The recent series in Smoke Signals on the Pontiac assembly plants is a great example, but there's only so much that Don K. can squeeze into each monthly issue. I think this forum and us forum members could have a big role to play.
    Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi