Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default The Last Pontiac

... umm what is the last Pontiac...??? I just purchased as mentioned early of intending to do so.. a Brand New G8 ST.... Right Hand Drive.. they are making 200 of them in Australia.. void of Pontiac badge & bright work..... which is being completed this week.. Picked it up on Friday night.. has less then 100 miles on it and will be put away into a warehouse for occasional use. Its a 6lt V8 Auto, 4 x disc, as per the Display unit shown by Pontiac at SEMA.. exactly. I'll have some shots of it around Sydney Harbor in the next few weeks if its of interest for Smoke Signals.
    But this is a REALLY REALLY REALLY .. nice vehicle to drive.. .. and would have saved PMD - if the ********s at the bridge would have steered the ship with a little enthusiasm ...... the type of enthusiasm Jim Wangers and Delorean & Fitzpatrick had...

You will never see hundreds of people lined up to watch Saturn's on Parade... or Chinese Hummers.....!
    What a total F*76k8p ....

GM ,IMO, Had no interest in saving Pontiac as they're too worried about their precious Chevrolet. If they had they'd have promoted the imported Holdens more than they did and to the right crowd. I have serious doubt if they'll survive the next decade.

By killing Pontiac they've severed all ties with me as far as I'm concerned. Ford just inherited a new car customer, I'm sad to say.

The lack of Support from GM is a perfect reason to draw together as Pontiac Enthusiasts REGARDLESS of what you own it's time to draw together as a group.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; December 16th, 2009 at 09:22.

Mike, you are partly right on GM saving Chevrolet, but I think their main interest was Buick & their "high" sales in China. From what GM Canada is saying, the Buick is very well liked by the "high end" buyers in China, & is a top seller!!! Go figure, anything to make sales off shore, GM has plants in China for small cars & is directing alot of $$$ in that direction!!!!
    Sometimes I wake up grumpy. But today I let her sleep in!!!

Default Buick in Asia

.. its not just China.. but the US media is focused on China all the time.. the Buick is GM's best option brand name wise in Asia.. be it China, or the many countries down to Vietnam & across to Japan too.

But that's fine.. why not leave BUICK as an Export vehicle... Cadillac has crashed in that regard..... Why kill off 80+ years of Pontiac tradition .. and its NOT too late now - but would take a brave CEO to do it...... Keep Pontiac as a member of the GM Family.. in the USA and Exported.. mainly to First World Counties... To Start with in the G8 full series you SERIOUSLY have one of the worlds top 10 cars under US$40,000... and a Rear wheel Drive vehicle.. a full line up of wagon, pickup/ute/ sedan, reps cheaper sedan, diesel V6, a 4 banger for the Eco nerds, a thumping V8 with eco technology also.. .. it's perfect for the headline "Pontiac Lives....."

"Pontiac Lives".. .. wouldn't that be a better Headline then "China enters New Car Market - now available at Walmart...

Or would you be better seeing more of this... http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffa...4/daily25.html - GM Tonawanda pulls plug on V-8

GM REALLY REALLY screwed this up
    .. and it has not
    stopped.. if they could have only looked in the Crystal ball.. and see Saturn scrapped... and now turning into Cherry & Great Wall Chinese dealerships... YUNK.. they are JUNK.. .. and still trying to flog Hummer to the Chinese .. just sad...
    and all the while.. just kill off a company with 80+ years of Heritage...without even listening to the senior motoring experts .. without looking at the experience and value added support ENTHUSIASTS give to a breed..

University educated young inexperienced blind marketing staff that think they are selling tooth paste and bean counters that have NO interest in the product they are working for .. and THEIR GENERAL MANAGERS.. are for the most part responsible for most of these ill fated decisions....

Trouble is for GM..... & the American people.... those twits are still there....!
    Last edited by ozpont; December 16th, 2009 at 15:17.

ozpont.

That's almost my exact line of thinking. I've got nothing against Buick, I've owned them and may again in the future as used cars. Chances are I'll have my Turbo Regal until I die, but if it's a new vehicle purchase FOMOCO is where I'll be.

That's sad, as I come from a family that's driven GM cars since 1955.I would've by far have rather had a Pontiac /Holden Venture than a killing of the brand. It's typical of the kLutz mentality, We're not trying to sell cars to the traditional Pontiac owners. WTH do they think is buying the marque?

At this point it's a mute point, They've shown who they want to sell cars to and it's not the domestic market.

Mike

Default The Last G8's

.. the last Pontiac G8's are starting to rollout around here.. heres my ST.... in limited supply and already causing Pontiac Enthusiasts to search for room in the family budget I guess... the end of an era.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ozpont View Post
    .. the last Pontiac G8's are starting to rollout around here.. heres my ST.... in limited supply and already causing Pontiac Enthusiasts to search for room in the family budget I guess... the end of an era.
    That's a good looking peice.It would've sold here IMO.

Mike