Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default 69 Judge Rally II Wheels

Does anyone know the correct letter code for 69 Judge Rally II wheels. I know the size is 14 x 6 and I believe the letter code is JC but not positive. Thanks.

Drop the 70-72 GTO tech advisor and email. Doug will hook you up he and his FIL are GTOAA tech judges. Tell him I sent you. you can find his contact info in the tech advisors listing on the home page of this site.

Mike Nixon

3. Default

Zazarine's GTO Restoration Guide book states:

Page 109, 1968-70 Rally Wheels

RE:
    Rally II wheel part #9789329, this wheel carried stamp code JC on the rim and was carried over for 1969 for all applications

-Paul B.

Quote Originally Posted by 038523 View Post
    Does anyone know the correct letter code for 69 Judge Rally II wheels. I know the size is 14 x 6 and I believe the letter code is JC but not positive. Thanks.
    Correct code for 69 Rally II wheels is JA, literature will say that possibly some drum brake 69 cars received the carry over JC wheel from 68, but I have NEVER seen a JC on a 69. 100% of original 69's that I have looked at have had JA Rally IIs whether drum brake or disc brake. This has also been noted by several high level restorers across the country. You could also check your build sheet if you have one available for your car. I do not have a 69 build sheet in front of me, but the wheel code is in box 45 on one of my 70 build sheets, box description is "WHEELS".

Note that there is an offset difference between the JAs and JCs. Do not have them in front of me right now, but I believe the JAs have slightly more backspacing than the JCs. It is very visible when looking at the wheels (even from a distance).

Also noteable, that there is no "Judge specific" Rally wheel. All 1969 GTOs whether Judge, GTO, Hardtop, Convertible, rec'd the same wheel. Just like 62s are not "RAIII Judge cylinder heads". Sorry for the sidebar, I'll get off my soapbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    Drop the 70-72 GTO tech advisor and email. Doug will hook you up he and his FIL are GTOAA tech judges. Tell him I sent you. you can find his contact info in the tech advisors listing on the home page of this site.

Mike Nixon
    Mike, Paul is my Uncle...not FIL.

Quote Originally Posted by POCIClubOffice View Post
    Zazarine's GTO Restoration Guide book states:

Page 109, 1968-70 Rally Wheels

RE:
    Rally II wheel part #9789329, this wheel carried stamp code JC on the rim and was carried over for 1969 for all applications

-Paul B.
    Paul, I will have to research this a little more and have found errors in that particular book. Not to say an early 69 could not have escaped with JCs, but I have never seen it and restoring a car that did not have it's original born from the factory wheels...I would find and install a set of JAs which is what is well documented on 69s.
    POSI - "It's not just a club, it's an addiction!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Pulskamp View Post

Mike, Paul is my Uncle...not FIL.

Sorry for the mistake Doug, I was close!

Mike

I'll agree with Doug. My Judge came with JA's.