Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Has it hit you guys yet?

That changing this forum to a members only forum and putting it back in the corner has ruined attendance....
    Last edited by Jeff K; October 27th, 2009 at 22:35.

Jeff, give it time, Active membership is growing every day. It'll get there.

After the fiasco with the shutdown of the last site the word needs to get out to members that it's back up and running.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff K View Post
    That changing this site to a pay site and putting it back in the corner has ruined attendance....
    As a new member that is the first thing I noticed. I sent an e-mail to the admin, but I guess it went nowhere.

I was very excited to join as a new member, but when I hit the forum--- wow what a dud. I am active on many car forums and this by far is the most dead despite the high knowledge and motivation of our members.

I assume like me, that when our posts go for weeks with no reply, we just stop posting and go elsewhere.

This gives new members like me, the impression that the entire club is neither welcoming nor willing to help.

I also can say that my first request to techical help has also gone over a week with no reply.

Ken

4. Default

Agreed to all of the above. We need to get mor people on line to make the site worthwhile. By the way, which tech advisor did you try to get a hold of.

I'm guessing that's the problem he tried to contact an administrator not a Tech Advisor.

Advisors are listed on the login page of the site. If they don't respond contact me and we'll get something rolling.

Mike

Default needs help

I just re-joined after afew yrs, absence, I just found this spot after "wandering" around the web site!!! I posted a question in the forum & was surprised that only one member answered. I also am a member of the Canadion Poncho club, ask something there & you get 20+ replys in a short time span. Can't answer what the problem is, as I just got back in, but maybe nobody cares what the other people are doing,if they need help, or just interested in looking out for themselves, Looks like more members need to get in here, or is it possible that the majority don't go on line to get info???

[QUOTE=050843;1785]I just re-joined after afew yrs, absence, I just found this spot after "wandering" around the web site!!! I posted a question in the forum & was surprised that only one member answered. I also am a member of the Canadian Poncho site, ask something there & you get 20+ replys in a short time span. Can't answer what the problem is, as I just got back in, but maybe nobody cares what the other people are doing,if they need help, or just interested in looking out for themselves, Looks like more members need to get in here, or is it possible that the majority don't go on line to get info???

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    I'm guessing that's the problem he tried to contact an administrator not a Tech Advisor.

Advisors are listed on the login page of the site. If they don't respond contact me and we'll get something rolling.

Mike
    No I contacted an admin to complain about the website not for my tech question.

I went to the link for tech support for my year Pontiac to pose my simple question.
    There was a specific person listed as a resource but I can't remember who.

My question was about interchangabilithy of hood ornaments from '49- 53

Ken
    Last edited by kencary; October 29th, 2009 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff K View Post
    Ken, Don't give up on the club.. It's a wonderful group of people.. I've been involved with this club since the 70s.. My number is #4890. When I rejoined, they were so nice and gave me my old number back..

Like the rest, I just want to see this board get off the ground. Hoping a problem goes away rarely solves it...

Could the membership vote on making the forum free to the public like other forums?

Is there a good reason why this board is so hidden?
    I think an open forum would be a good way to recruit people to join the club.

I have started on other forums as a free member and later decided to join as a supporter.

Ken

TININDN Guest

Guys:

We're working on all the things to address your concerns -

It's been a long, hard and expensive road to get the POCI website back and try to implement improvements as we go - we're working on all aspects of it. You are the membership, it's your club and your website - your input is highly welcomed and important -

Like Mike said, give it some time, and with your continued parti****tion and input it will get there -

Thanks!