Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 solstice

Default 09 solstice

Hey there seen there are a couple of Solstice owner here so I thought I post

09 wicked GXP with the gmpp tune. love drive this car.

look forward to meeting other Pontiac owners

Congrats. Coupe or roadster?

Here's a couple pictures of a Solstice GXP from this years Western Washington Firebirds All Pontiac Show'n'Shine.

This car had a crowd around it all day, and won it's class. If I remember it is an '07 and it's turbo'd and intercooled

(click pics to expand)

Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi

Roadster, hope to meet some members this up coming year. First car I have purchased in 24 years. First car I owned 68 camaro.

Default Welcome to this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDN View Post
    Hey there seen there are a couple of Solstice owner here so I thought I post

09 wicked GXP with the gmpp tune. love drive this car.

look forward to meeting other Pontiac owners
    Gary,
    I, too, have a Solstice - '07 GXP, 5 speed stick, Aggressive Red, with the GMPP tune and a DDM stiffener plate under the tunnel - it definitely helps, etc. You may have seen my earlier post. These are great driving cars with plenty of power. Had an interesting run a few days ago when a new Dodge Challenger 'tried' to stay with me (he was behind me) on a nice curvy road. He was disappointed because I drove away from him so quickly that he gave up. We waved at each other down the road when I reached my turn-off.
    Have fun and let us hear more from you about your own driving experiences with the '09. The road handling is really what these cars excel at. Not much will stay with them, especially in the price range they sold for. It takes a lot more money to get comparable handling.
    Where are you located? I'm in Georgia near Atlanta.
    Frank

Hey Frank I have the backbone and I'm going to put it in tomorrow. Mine is a 5 speed as well. Shorty antenna, wind restrictor, honey cone fog light grills, custom fuse box cover.

I too had a 07 na too, upgrade when I heard no more solstices were to be made.

yeah you right I love driving the back twisty roads, it is a blast.

I'm up in Rhode Island, I am coming to Atlanta for work mid oct

we drove to the plant closing in july, that was a sad thing to see but it was nice to see the people that made our cars and thank them for doing a great job.

Default DDM backbone install

Quote Originally Posted by GaryDN View Post
    Hey Frank I have the backbone and I'm going to put it in tomorrow. Mine is a 5 speed as well. Shorty antenna, wind restrictor, honey cone fog light grills, custom fuse box cover.

I too had a 07 na too, upgrade when I heard no more solstices were to be made.

yeah you right I love driving the back twisty roads, it is a blast.

I'm up in Rhode Island, I am coming to Atlanta for work mid oct

we drove to the plant closing in july, that was a sad thing to see but it was nice to see the people that made our cars and thank them for doing a great job.
    Well, I guess you have the backbone in by now. If I had known sooner I may have saved you some trouble with that. I installed my own and found that the main thing I had to do was to release the muffler from its hangars to get the clearance for installing the DDM unit. Hope your install went OK. I was a little concerned at first that the bolts were going to be too short for the DDM unit thickness, but GM gave plenty of leeway with the bolt length (I used the 'Race' version with 3/8ths thickness) and even the extreme (1/2" thk) unit would have still been OK.
    I'll send you a personal note shortly.
    Frank

Yes I did get the backbone installed, I purchased an air ratchet to get the job done quick and easy. I looking at several JPM upgrades for the inside and a solo exhaust (center). I put in HID lights and led dome lights. what a difference!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FHummel View Post
    Well, I guess you have the backbone in by now. If I had known sooner I may have saved you some trouble with that. I installed my own and found that the main thing I had to do was to release the muffler from its hangars to get the clearance for installing the DDM unit. Hope your install went OK. I was a little concerned at first that the bolts were going to be too short for the DDM unit thickness, but GM gave plenty of leeway with the bolt length (I used the 'Race' version with 3/8ths thickness) and even the extreme (1/2" thk) unit would have still been OK.
    I'll send you a personal note shortly.
    Frank

If you really love the twisties then you may want to give www.peddersusa.com a call. Pete is a great guy and loves cars. I saw a Brazen GXP at a show this summer and it was beautiful.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

hey cquist thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

I can't wait for spring so I can enjoy top down weather again, oh well