Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default 60 Vista roofrail weatherstrip questions

I posted this over at PY tech forums..thought I'd try it here as well.

I may have inquired about this before........trying again. My 60 Ventura is a 4 dr hardtop "flatroof". There are small metal strips that look like they either support the weatherstrip or are imbedded in it, or something. The front of the metal strip goes under the front windshield stainless trim and there's only one visible screw that's in the back. How do you get this metal strip out? I'd like to refinish these on both sides, but I don't want to wreck anything by not having a clue how these attach. The body manual doesn't really get into this in detail.....from what I read I'm suspecting the strip is attached to the weatherstrip at more places than just the front and rear.

As long as I'm at it, how do you get the vertical weatherstrip out of the "front of the rear door window"....the one that seals against the "back of the front door glass......does it just pull out?

Thx for any / all info.

Randy

Randy,

Rear window seals pull DOWN.

As far as your other weather strip question; I'll have to research to get a better idea of what you're speaking of. I'll get back to you.

Mike, remind me to check when I'm at Snyders Sunday.

-r-

r-

So you can just pull the seal out with everything in place...don't have to take the chrome (stainless) off the door window? Any factory adhesive on the old seal or just held in place by the compression of the seal in the "channel"?

Thx much for the reply and any info.

Randy

Randy, as I posted on P/Y, If this is like the later models you remove the Chrome from the glass, then pull the seal out of the chrome. On my car no adhesive was needed that will all depend on the tightness of the trim.

Mike

Thx for the info about the vertical strips. I see they do pull out from the bottom...I don't even have to take the chrome off the window!

Randy - I just sent you a PM with some of my own questions thinking you had already done a lot of this stuff - regardless I have an answer for you since we just did this on the '59:

It sounds like you are describing the metal trim pieces just UNDER the roofrail weatherstrip; these metal pieces are painted to match the color of the roof - right?

If so, you must take the roofrail weatherstrip out first whcih reveal ~ 7 screws that hold it to the roof, plus the small screw at the rear that you can see and noted.

Take picture and note how this came out so when you put it all back it works - we found you had to modify the location of insert pegs in the roofrail weatherstrip available from either Soffseal or Steele - also important is the use of seam sealer to replace so there are no leaks.

Hope this helps and I'd be happy to discuss it further with you as well!

FEMA--

Thx for the reply. There hasn't been much activity on this POCI site, so I don't check it often. I'll check your PM. Thx again for the info.

Randy