Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default Recommended sources of supply

Can anyone recommend a good source for suspension parts based on experience or word of mouth? For a 1959 model.

Ames Performance (ad above) is a must for any "big car" owner, they catalog suspension components and specialize in Pontiacs. Kanter.com has lots of parts but their quality can vary and you will not know until they arrive at your door. Good luck,

California Pontiac Restoration (CPR), www.pontiacparts.net is the other vintage-Pontiac parts supplier. Both Ames and CPR have been good to deal with. CPR has parts for the older (pre '55) Pontiacs that Ames doesn't.

I had quality problems with a Kanter 56 Pontiac front end kit. To their credit, they stand behind their product, meaning they will keep replacing a part until they finally get it right. In that process you have to keep sending back the defective part. It took me three months and a letter to Dan Kanter to get my problem resolved. If I had it to do over, I would have bought the front end kit from CPR. When you have a problem, you can talk to someone at CPR that knows Pontiacs, including the company owner -- can't do that with Kanter.
    Larry Gorden, POCI 1956 Tech Adviser

www.PontiacSafari.com

NAPA can get them also

Performance Years sells fullsize parts also.

MIke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    NAPA can get them also

Performance Years sells fullsize parts also.

MIke
    I found CPR really great to deal with and reasonably priced, and they only charged $15 to ship the parts half way around the globe to New Zealand. I'll definitely be using them again.

Thanks Mike, and all - maybe I aksed for hard to get parts because CPR sent me the wrong upper control arm bushings and one incorrect ball joint. They could not provide the correct items so I sent this stuff back and found a good ball joint at NAPA which seemed to be NOS or simlilar quality. The upper a-arm bushings we simply retightened; I hope that holds for a while!

I'll certainly try them again but wanted to report my experinece for what it's worth.

Glad it helped.

Mike

You wouldnt belive it. I logged on to find out if there are other companies around selling suspention parts. i replaced a idler arm on my 60 bonneville and it is junk after only 2500 miles. many thanks for the suggestions above. will try CPR