Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So Patrick, WTH are you buying cars for your brother's child?

So they can be like the beverly hillbillies. Load all their stuff in their cars and leave. Seriously. The wreck was not his fault. He needed another car. I found this one on craigs list. Not all that great but complete and driveable. He thinks it the greatest. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow.

patrick

I have a 1988 Trans Am GTA, black with black leather and digital dash. It was a gift from my Father 12 years ago and one day I will pass it on to my son.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Frosty
    Are the Recaro the same as the Lier Seigler seats, 18 way adjustable? Something like that.
    Patrick

Other than perhaps a similarity in the cloth material, no the Recaro seats are not like the Lear Siegler seats! The Lears are way more comfortable. The Recaros have very little adjustablity compared to the 18-way Lears. The lower leg support moves in and out manually and the forward/ back positioning of the back is a knob that you turn along the side. That's it.

I've included a shot of my passenger Recaro seat when I had some upholestry work done on the car. You can see the small bar between the legs is how the leg support moves in and out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Default

1973 Esprit, 1980 Indy Pace Car, 1981 Turbo T/A WS6 hardtop, 1980 Y-84 all in varius states of needing restoration.

The 1981 Turbo has a 4-speed conversion, lots of suspension work and the motor has been breathed on a bit. I took FTD last year at the Jaguar Club autocross with it, the local Jag dealer was a bit upset that it beat a new XKR. Unfortunately I stuffed the motor at that event when it starved for oil. The new engine should be done this summer.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Patrick

Other than perhaps a similarity in the cloth material, no the Recaro seats are not like the Lear Siegler seats! The Lears are way more comfortable. The Recaros have very little adjustablity compared to the 18-way Lears. The lower leg support moves in and out manually and the forward/ back positioning of the back is a knob that you turn along the side. That's it.

I've included a shot of my passenger Recaro seat when I had some upholestry work done on the car. You can see the small bar between the legs is how the leg support moves in and out.
    that is a nice looking seat. thank you for the differance. Still trying to decide if I want to keep the wrecked TA or part it or sell the whole car.

patrick

Hello Everyone, it's been awhile since anyone has posted. I have been working on a new website for our chapter (www.fcpoci.info). I'm still in the process of adding things, but it is up and running. I hope to add photos of the Convention soon. Check it out!
    John Froehle
    President
    Firebird & T/A Chapter POCI

we have a flock of birds.
    1967 firebird
    1976 trans am
    1979 trans am 10th anniversary
    1979 trans am W72 t-top
    1991 trans am GTA
    1996 trans am convertible(1 of 174 triple white TAs)
    2002 trans am collector edition#1358

Firebird owners and enthusiasts, we are still around and thriving! There will be a Firebird Reunion at the 2014 POCI Convention so plan on bringing out your car and joining in the fun! Details to follow soon......
    John Froehle
    President
    Firebird & T/A Chapter POCI

Am I too late?? Wife bought an 81 Esprit for me for Christmas-2013. Needs lots of love($$), but complete car. Straight 6, automatic, T-top. Rick Live in S.C. also.