Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So, I should be taking a trip to look at a GP in the next few weeks. That's gotten me thinking about something- what are all of your takes on using e10 in your 389s? Do you add stabilizer to each fill up or do you frequent the local marina/airport? I've checked my area and can't find any stations even close that stock pure gasoline. It'll be a while before I can even think about adding EFI(if ever), but I could upgrade rubber lines. What about water-absorbent fuel filters?
    Last edited by jsslifelike; March 29th, 2019 at 21:19.
    Salutations,

Steve C. in PA

2. Default

In 2000 I bought a 63 Bonne 2dr. ht. I did body resto including paint. It took me two yrs. I cruise with it every summer. Last year I finished restoring a 63 GP. body off including paint. It had 67 thou when I bought it. The slim jim is working fine. Cruise with it during summer. Great cars.

Good to hear! That tranny still freaks me out a little, but not as much as it used to. I have since accepted 1964s, but as a runner up. '64 might be a little more in my price range as they're a bit more common, but damn- I love those '63s.
    Salutations,

Steve C. in PA

So, I finally made a purchase. I ended up blocking my garage out with some of my junk and, with a little coaxing and reorganization, I could --and will-- fit a 1963 Bonneville Coupe! I bought it in the last place I thought I would... eBay! The seller was awesome(I'll probably keep in touch) and it is on it's way from Texas to Pennsylvania! It has PS/PB, A/C, power bench and is numbers matching. It also comes with a pre-upholestered set of buckets and bench, plus a center console to "Sport Coupe" it if desired. I can't wait.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Q0kcxU
    Last edited by jsslifelike; November 10th, 2019 at 23:05.
    Salutations,

Steve C. in PA

Well done!
    Steve Naresky

Nice thing about the Bonneville is it has the four speed hydro.

When you change the front upper control arm bushings, change the whole control arm to the 1960 to 1962 unit, they came with solid bushings and your car will handle so much better..

Change the alignment setting to

Drives side Positive caster +2 / Passenger side Positive caster 2.5..

Both wheels Negative camber -.25 / -.25..

Both wheels toe in 1/16 / 1/16..

This alignment setting will give you the best overall handling and feel with stock suspension parts..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff K View Post
    Nice thing about the Bonneville is it has the four speed hydro.

When you change the front upper control arm bushings, change the whole control arm to the 1960 to 1962 unit, they came with solid bushings and your car will handle so much better..

Change the alignment setting to

Drives side Positive caster +2 / Passenger side Positive caster 2.5..

Both wheels Negative camber -.25 / -.25..

Both wheels toe in 1/16 / 1/16..

This alignment setting will give you the best overall handling and feel with stock suspension parts..

Wow, that's a gang of great information! Thank you. I'm contemplating stimulating the economy with a front disc brake conversion kit, so maybe I'll do that as well while I'm at it. What's your thoughts on a quick-ratio steering box and coilovers on this car?
    Last edited by jsslifelike; March 28th, 2020 at 22:01.
    Salutations,

Steve C. in PA

Sorry for the delay Steve. Coil overs are a waist of money unless you like to make high adjustments. The factory suspension on these cars was pretty advanced for the times..

I would contact Lee steering in California and get there 800 series 14:1 ratio box, If you like great feedback with positive bounce back after turning get it with a 30 pound valve.. You will love it! The car won't be so sensitive going over bumps..

I would leave the drum brakes. There 11" and very well made... You might want to get 8 lugs, those stop on the dime after a through adjustment of the anchor pin..