Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default Hood Ornament 1930 Standard Coupe

I am new member just bought a 1930 Standard Coupe and boy am I getting an education (pain) on wood bodied cars. My question is on hood ornaments. Lots of misrepresented stuff out on eBay as I have learned the hard way.

Here is the question. I purchased a hood ornament that according to the "Motoring Mascots of the World" reference book is correct, and it does fit the radiator and grille shell opening (unlike the previous two I bought before buying the book). The detail is perfect, the piece excellent, no complaints. But the face is copper plated. I noted in the book that several models come with copper plated faces but it looks like in the book 30-31 might be just chrome -- not enough detail to be sure. I also got great picture from another POCI owner of 1930 car and it looks like his is chrome -- I have asked him to confirm but have not yet heard back. Does anyone know when copper face is correct and for what models/years?

I will post pictures of mine if anyone interested and I can figure out how

Hutch

2. Default

I am going to mail you a photocopied page from Walt Harris's book "Pontiac Hood Ornaments and Mascots", hopefully that will help.

Also contact the Early Times Chapter, Arnold Landviogt email etc@hillclimber.com

Paul B.
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

Thank you Paul. Will that be an email attachment or a hard copy in snail mail? I will try to find that book on Amazon

4. Default

Did you get the info I mailed to you?
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.