Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Thread: car issues

Default car issues

I am having issues with a Holley 870 Street Avenger...400 stroked to 455 the engine runs awesome just when I come to a stop at a light or anything it tends to want to stall. Not all the time but most. I am pulling 10" vacuum at idle(5.0pv) adjusted the a/f screws all the way in then 1.5 turns out and have gone from there. Do you think timing has any affect? I don't think so but....I put a fuel gauge inline and have 3-5psi is that enough? 8-10 when first start up cold. I don't know what the psi is when driving, is a mechanical pump. Any help or info would be great as the Holley tech line is useless.
    Jim

What cam are you running?

My 455 with 041 camshaft idles with the same vacuum.. I removed the springs from the advance weights in the points distributor and run full 32 degrees timing all the time.. This modification will only work with a points distributor, the points spring retards the timing during start..... This really cleaned up the idle and low speed response..

The vacuum advance was modified to pull in 10 degrees, I used the adjustable Crane vacuum can. I used the limiter plate and have the tension spring set to the highest level so there is no vacuum advance during idle, I use full manifold vacuum...

Hope this helps...