Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Thread: My new project

Default My new project

I just purchased a second Can Am. (My first is a 56,000 mile original with mostly original paint). My new project has a firethorn interior with white seats, dealer installed t-tops, power windows, power seat, etc.

It is a very well do***ented 140,000 mile car sold originally at Sun Pontiac in Mesa Arizona. It speant most of its life in Arizona and was stored for some time in dry storage in Utah. Needless to say it is a very dry car (no rust). It is however, a project car and needs to be restored. It is a non numbers matching block so it will eventually get a 462 Pontiac motor. A previous owner frenched a set of 2nd gen Trans Am fender extractors in to the fenders. They actually look pretty good so I may leave them there. That owner also added TA exhaust splitters. Since this car has been modified, I will probably also add a Formula steering wheel and a set of 15 X 8 inch snowflakes wheels with white painted centers to continue the trans am parts theme. Included with the car was almost every part needed to restore it. The previous owner had been parts hunting for years to find everything needed. I think the only part I don't have is an original radio for it.

Last edited by tabob; October 6th, 2008 at 12:19. Reason: Additional information

That car's got a LOT of potential.

Can Am's like Early Grand Am's are some of the most under appreciated cars in the market.

Mike

Thumbs up

Nice find, I like the T-tops, never seen that on a Can Am before.

Did u ever finish the car? I wasn't aware T-Tops were an option on the Can Am only sunroof? Got anu spare parts? Just bought a Can Am a couple weeks ago and starting to complete it.

5. Default

Only 5 T Tops were built that I knew of (Ex Delphi engineer). Beautiful car - if you want to sell it ........is it 400 or 403 ? keep us posted.

I too am working on a Can Am..do you know of an outlet for the flexible cold air duct work?