Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default 1978 Phoenix LJ from Massachusetts

Hello! My name is Mike, I'm 18 and I'm from Granville, MA.

I own a 1978 Phoenix LJ with a 305 V8. I'm new to POCI and I'm glad to be part of this club. I am a diehard Pontiac fan, from the angry-dumpster styled Aztek to the classics such as the Trans Am or the Le Mans.

The first thing you might notice about my car is that it has Olds rims. Well this car was parted out to save a Ventura so it lost its Pontiac rallys along with the original seats. She is what is called a "Runner": A daily drive that is not fully restored, but not beaten either. Mechanically she is sound and the frame is solid, she just has some rust here and there.

Also, a shout out to Dennis or "Frosty" for telling me about POCI. He's been a great help on foreverpontiac.com
    Last edited by havoc1482; February 15th, 2012 at 23:29.

Havoc - Welcome to POCI!!! It's nice to see you in this site as well!!!! Lots of us "old timers" are here.

3. Default

yes, welcome aboard - I like your ride, great to see you younger guys getting involved and keeping the Pontiac passion alive! I have a '79 Sunbird, kind of a custom wagon..... 231 V6 auto, fun little car
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

Very nice Mike. Welcome to the club. You are really lucky to own one of these great handling cars. In 1975. I I ordered a new 1976 Ventura SJ hatchback.It had Rally RTS. It It was 3x black. It had 2 window stickers (33 Options). It rusted away and I stripped it and kept most of the parts . Seeing yours brings back many great memory. I still have the ORIGINAL BLACK 14x7 rally II rims and rings. I think the Olds wheels look right at home on your ride. do you have any plans for the car? Congratulations on a good find! Dean Svee.