Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
  1. Default POCI President Dave Bennett passes

With heavy hearts we make the announcement that POCI president Dave Bennett died yesterday, December 29. He was outside of his house early in the morning walking his dog and fell, striking his head. MRI’s revealed he had irreversible brain damage. Doctors kept him on life support until yesterday evening so all of his family could gather. He passed away about 9:00 last night.

Dave had a wonderful impact on my life, he was my friend, mentor, "big brother", and my sounding board for so many MN Tomahawk Chapter and POCI growth and recruiting ideas.

He loved his family, he was a strong and fearless leader with so many positive impacts on POCI and our hobby. I will miss him tremendously. As I write this, I think of his great passion for the Pontiac hobby... and I'll miss his laugh and smile.

The photo below was taken on December 17th at a 2012 POCI Convention planning meeting held in St. Charles, IL. The Cruisin' Tigers presented him with this special token of appreciation which meant a lot to him. We often don't give the people around us enough encouragement and recognition for the selfless work that they do on behalf of others and/or volunteer initiatives that they are involved in.

DAVE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR YEARS OF DEDICATION SERVING AS OUR LEADER. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.

Link to obituary and funeral service information

Please keep his wife Linda and his family in your prayers during this difficult time.

Minnesota Tomahawk Chapter photo tribute
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

Many thoughts and prayers to the Bennett family and POCI during this sad time.

May there be no traffic lights in heaven for the Catalina. My thoughts and prayers go out to Daves family and friends.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

My thought and prayers are with Dave's Family and the POCI family!

5. Default

I heard the news this morning from my brother. Dave was a great man. He and his wife, Linda, joined us quite frequently at our hot rod barbeque here in the twin cities. He was always full of wit and livened many a crowd. I'm glad I had the chance to know him.

Thanks for the good memories, Dave.

Chris Anderson

R.I.P. Dave
    Steve Naresky

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to POCI, and the countless other people you have touched over the years Dave. R.I.P. my friend.

To Dave's family, you are in my family's thoughts and prayers. The POCI community will definitely rally around you and support you in your hours of grief and sadness.

Dennis Carol

Stuart in MN Guest

Here is Dave's obituary.

Bennett, David J.

Age 65 of Burnsville, MN. Born June 25, 1946 in Syracuse, NY to David W. and Gertrude (Patnode) Bennett. Preceded in death by parents and daughter, Jennifer Lee. Survived by wife, Linda; children, David, Lucas, Sarah (Mark), Cinda, and Elizabeth; grandchildren, Ruby Rose, Lauren, and Tiffany. Mass of Christian Burial Friday, January 6, 2012, 11 AM at the Church of the Risen Savior ~ 1501 East Cty Road 42, Burnsville, MN. Interment Resurrection Cemetery. Visitation one hour prior to mass at church. Memorials preferred.

http://www.gillbrothers.com/obituaries/funeral-notices

9. Default

David J. Bennett, the president of the Pontiac-Oakland Club International since 2008, died on Dec. 29, 2011, at approximately 9:00 p.m., Central Time. He'd taken a dog out on a leash in the middle of the night, slipped on the ice and fell and hit his head. He was 65.

Bennett, from Burnsville, Minn., was born in Syracuse, N.Y., on June 25, 1946, to Dr. David W. and Gertrude (Patnode) Bennett. He graduated from Syracuse University and ran a successful environmental and chemical consulting firm. His love of Pontiacs came at an early age -- his first car was a '58 Chieftain and he also took delivery of a new 1964 Ventura. His collection of full-sized Pontiacs included two '61 Pontiacs, a '63 Pontiac and three '64 Pontiacs, including his original Ventura.

Dave worked his way up through the ranks of the Tomahawk Chapter and into POCI hierarchy, becoming a board member more than a decade ago, vice president in 2007 and president in 2008. During his tenure in those positions, Dave instituted a number of reforms designed to streamline the day-to-day operations of the club, bring total financial transparency and an unimpeachable election process to the organization. The "old boys club" era of POCI came to an end and the club entered a new era where bringing more value to the member was and is the focus.

As well as being a longtime Pontiac fan, he was also an avid motorcyclist, hunter and fisherman. He represented fishing organizations as a member of the Clean Water Council and was past president of the Lake Superior Steelhead Association and was secretary and board member of the Greater Lake Superior Organization. He had also been a charter member and chair of the Trout and Salmon Stamp Committee.

Dave was preceded in death by parents and daughter, Jennifer Lee. He is survived by wife, Linda; children, David, Lucas, Sarah (Mark), Cinda, and Elizabeth; grandchildren, Ruby Rose, Lauren, and Tiffany. A memorial service will be held at The Church of the Risen Savior in Burnsville, Minn., on Jan. 6.

Dave was a towering figure in the Pontiac hobby and his legacy will continue on through the POCI for many years to come. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends as well as the Pontiac community at large.

Tribute video
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.