Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default Starchief convertible interior

Is there a source for new inner door pannels that duplicate the originals on my Starchief? Also where can I get a replcement rear seat (convertible frame and springs)?

TININDN Guest

Yes, try:

http://smsautofabrics.com/

Order way ahead of when you will actually need them - lead time can be long

Regarding your second question - have you tried Ames - if not, try putting a want ad in Smokes, or boneyards -

I would expect Chevy rear seat to be same but not certain about that. If it is the same, that would expand your options for finding one. Also, 1955-57 are likely the same.
    Larry Gorden, POCI 1956 Tech Adviser

www.PontiacSafari.com

Thanks for the help guys, I will keep serching. Also I will try smokes and boneyards.

In answer to the two questions:

The convertible REAR seat is the same as a 1955-57 Chevy and is being reproduced, approx $800 or so. We always try to support Pontiac parts houses if possible, in this case Ames and especially California Pontiac Restoration. But if they do not have them danchuk.com does. Note that this Chevy interchange is true of the REAR seat, but NOT the front--they are different, even though they look similar.

The door panels at SMS are excellent and worth the money--you cannot have them done of equal quality anywhere else that I know of. But as Dave said they have a reputation for very slow service, so plan accordingly--they cannot be rushed. I will also add that they cannot be trusted to do your color selection--you cannot call them and just say "I have a 1957 Pontiac with red and white vinyl" and expect them to deliver the correct material like a Chevy place. If you need to have seat covers made you should buy the door panels and enough material (get extra) for the seats from them and at the same time so they match. Note that the door panel order does not include covers made up for your rear armrests, although they will probably include the material. But make them send you samples so you can confirm the color match with your original. If you are color blind get a helper, but approve your own color. Good luck,

Todd Crews
    POCI 1957 Technical Advisor