Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default Anyone own a G6 convertible?

We just bought a slate gray G6 convertible and what a wonderful car this is. Pontiac really put the excitement in this ride. Just wondering how many other members own one of these. We ought to have a registry started for these cars.
    John Froehle
    President
    Firebird & T/A Chapter POCI

My brother has a red 2008 'vert = very nice car with low miles...uses it with top down here in FL

Default G6 convertible

Just got, 2 weeks ago, a 2007 G6 GT convertible. 77k miles, Black with black leather interior, everything works fine and looks like new. Been enjoying the weather the past couple weeks.

Attachment 3281I own three G6s. I bought a 2007 Crimson Red GT last summer that I use at my condo in Florida. It has 75K on the odometer. I liked it so much that I bought a 2008 Panther Black GT this summer. 42k on it & I am the third owner.
    These are some of the finest vehicles that Pontiac was able to produce. I had two Sunbird convertibles and a Sunfire convertible. The difference is night & day. Both rag tops would shake, rattle & roll. These G6s are smooth & quiet.
    I also own a 2008 G6 GXP Street Edition Coupe in Performance Red and 9995 on the odometer. I bought this car new in 2012 as I am the first non-dealer owner.
    Last edited by jaxpontiacs; December 8th, 2015 at 14:42.

5. Default

Nice group of G6s, jaxpontiacs! I tried to reply in your other thread, but got an access error message.
    DynoDave
    POCI #7220
    Michigan Widetrackers Chapter 16

Thanks! I just had the resonator replaced on both convertibles. No more high pitch squeal at 2 -3k RPM.
    Updated my photos too!

I'm late with my reply but we own an '07 that we bought in 2011. It had about 56,000 miles on it and now has 125,000. We pull it behind our motorhome and really enjoy it.

I'm glad everyone loves their G6 convertible. I wish you many years of trouble free driving and enjoyment. However, I want to make you aware of a potential problem that I've seen in another forum and sadly, the part is discontinued by GM, with no known alternative available. There is a convertible top sensor - part # 15815610 - that could fail and prevent your top from opening. Similar hardtop convertibles from GM, the Cadillac XLR and Chevy SSR are not the same part number. The only solution I know of is to find a wrecked G6 convertible in a junk yard and hope its sensor is not bad or damaged.

https://foreverpontiac.com/topic/120...part-15815610/