Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Question Radio Restoration?

I'm looking to have my '64 am/fm restored. It makes some noise but doesn't really play correctly. I've seen several ads in Smoke Signals and other Pontiac pubs, but I'm looking for someone who's had a personal experience with with a restorer and can provide a recommendation. Can you help me?

Regards,
    Vince
    morelliva@md.metrocast.net
    301 373 3454 anytime

2. Default

hi Vince- I used Electro Tech Inc (Greg) for both DELCO radios in my 64 Catalina and 67 Firebird. His pricing is fair and he is knowledgeable about restoring and/or fixing older GM DELCO radios.His website is http://www.turnswitch.com/ and email is gregwbl@turnswitch.com. good luck. KMB
    Last edited by RICHBEE1; August 25th, 2011 at 09:35.

TININDN Guest

Same experience with S&M Electro Tech - they are a local shop to me, so it is convenient to deal with a shop and know the folks face-to-face. But, that's not always possible depending on where you live.

SM Electro-Tech has a good reputation and they seem to know what's going on.

The following link also may be of interest: http://www.rediscoveradio.com/access...storation.html

...we refer our customers to these folks, as I have sent stuff to them and had good results.
    Inventor of the RediRad. (check out www.rediscoveradio.com)

1962 'Big' Pontiac nut.