Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Thread: Soundfile

Default Soundfile

Hello,

On my 'quest' to a new exhaust for my Starchief, I'm still not decided wether I'll put a dual system or a single system under my car...Now, does maybe anyone have a decent soundfile of a 287cui with a single or dual exhaust ? Unfortunately I got my car with a broken engine, an the fact that I'm the only guy around here, driving a '55 Pontiac, doesn't make it very easy for me to to choose between single and dual, because I never heard a 'normal' 287cui !
    I know, for a dual I got to cut a hole in the frame, but Pontiac did that with the '56 as well, and both cars are sharing the same chassis.

Thanks for any help,
    Ernest K.

The stock dual exhaust on my '55 Chieftain's stock 287 sounds really good to me, but not necessarily intimidating like a souped up motor with more hp. I would consider it a 'normal' 287cui sound. I'm not sure if you already purchased a system, but I could find some way to send you a sound clip if you need one...

That would be great if you could send me a soundfile of your car !! I still have no idea how a decent exhaust system does sound ...

Ernest
    sethos@pt.lu

Ernest,
    I emailed you a sound clip of my exhaust. I made it on my laptop so the sound quality is not great. I was going to make a second one, but all my neighbors started mowing their lawns, haha. Let me know if you get the email and the clip. Good luck!

Regards,
    Jeff