Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
  1. Default GTO Owner (student) Needs Your Help! Vote by 3/4/11

-----Original Message-----
    To: pociworldhq@aol.com
    Sent: Mon, Feb 28, 2011 10:55 pm
    Subject: GTO Owner Needs Your Help!

Burlingame High School Senior and Loyal Pontiac Fan Andre Clemente needs your vote
    Student is a finalist for a $25,000 College Scholarship.

My name is Andre Clemente, I am a Senior at Burlingame High School of California. I am a long time Pontiac fan and owner of a 1968 GTO. I have always wanted to become an automotive technician, and I entered a nationwide scholarship competition for the Universal Technical Institute (UTI) that required making a video. I have been chosen as a finalist!! There are only six people in the nation who have qualified to compete for this $25,0000 scholarship. The scholarship winner will be determined in an “American Idol” manner by a public vote. I need your help!

My video has been posted on the UTI’s website: http://utigarage.com/tech-scholarship - the one with the Black Goat!

PLEASE VOTE for my scholarship video!
    In order to vote, you must go to the website, check my video (Andre Clemente), and enter your email address to receive a confirmation email. After you vote, please pass this email on to your friends, family, and co-workers! You can even post this email on your website! I need help spreading the word!

The vote does not count until you click the link in the confirmation email! The contest ends on March 4. 2011 at midnight - so please vote today!

The student video that receives the most votes wins the $25,000 scholarship!

Since the scholarship winner will be chosen by a public vote, I've contacted as many people as possible to vote for my video, and many Pontiac clubs and organizations are willing to help me! I hope this email will circulate throughout the state or even the country!

This is not a joke. The Universal Technical Institute is a nationwide provider of education for students seeking careers as automotive and marine technicians. It is the school where I hope to start my career.

Every vote counts, and the help and support from POCI and other Pontiac enthusiasts nationwide would be appreciated and would mean so much to me! Thank you!!

Sincerely,

Andre Clemente
    Senior
    Burlingame High School
    Burlingame, CA 94010
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

2. Default

UPDATE FROM ANDRE:

-----Original Message-----
    To: Paul Bergstrom <pociworldhq@aol.com>
    Sent: Thu, Mar 10, 2011 12:44 am
    Subject: Re: GTO Owner Needs Your Help!

Hi Paul,

I just wanted to let you know, I found out today that I came in 2ND PLACE! ($10k scholarship!!) First place was far ahead, but I am very happy with being the runner up!

I just wanted to thank you again for helping me spread the word to everyone! Your votes seriously helped, I would not have been able to get the 2225 votes without your support!

I also give a big thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for me. It's so nice to know the Pontiac community is there to support me when I needed it!

Someday when my GTO is restored, you may see may at car shows/PowerTour/events etc!
    I wish you all the best, thanks again!

Sincerely,
    Andre
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

10 thousand is a nice chunk of change. Congratulations!
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor