Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default Paul Zazarine Passes

I sadly report that Paul Zazarine passed away this morning. Paul was a tremendous automotive journalist and perhaps the greatest Pontiac journalist of all time.

RIP Paul!
    Dave "Big Injun" Anderson
    dave@4mypontiac.com
    '66 GeeTOW Wagon (Tempest Custom)
    '67 GTO Pro-Street
    '01 GTP
    '09 G8 GT

As said by others, another one of "The Great Ones" has passed. RIP Paul and enjoy those conversations again with Mr. Sawruk.
    POSI - "It's not just a club, it's an addiction!"

Best wishes to his family. Maybe he went to be re-joined with Pontiac which he loved so much.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

TININDN Guest

RIP Paul - it was great to have you associated with our hobby for all those years

Condolences to his family.

6. Default Paul Zazarine Memorial Tribute

-----Original Message-----
    To: Paul Bergstrom <pociworldhq@aol.com>.....
    Sent: Tue, Jan 4, 2011 11:41 pm
    Subject: Paul Zazarine Memorial Tribute

Dear Fellow Auto Enthusiast, Publishers, Editors & Journalist,

As you may have heard by now Legendary Automotive Author Mr. Paul Zazarine recently passed away ... For over 20 years, Paul Zazarine restored and wrote about musclecars. His books include How To Restore Your Musclecar, GTO Buyer"s Guide, and 1964-1967 GTO History and GTO Restoration Guide, which won a Moto Award for the Best Automotive Technical Book of 1985. From 1985 to 1988, he edited Musclecar Review magazine until being tapped to relaunch and edit Corvette Fever magazine. He also launched Mopar Muscle magazine in 1988.

Zazarine was also involved in a number of automotive hobby activities, including five years as a member of the board of directors of the National Corvette Museum.

I'm JC the President of the Wide Track Warriors Pontiac Car Club - Orlando, Fl. Ms. Zazarine has asked our car club to organize a Memorial Tribute to honor her late husband. I have enclosed as an attachment in respect to the details of the event. We sincerely hope many of you can attend this celebration of a great automotive author. We also ask that you please forward this to all your peers that might be interested in attending. We are sure you know many more people that once rubbed elbows with Paul in the hierarchy of the publishing world than us.

--
    Wide Track Warriors
    Pontiac Car Club
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

I only know Paul Zazarine thru his written work, the many articles and columns he wrote that appeared in various car magazines over the years.

When I learned of his passing, I was immediately reminded of one particular column, it appeared in HPP a while ago, although itís probably a story Paul told more than once. The column is titled ďLove at first GoatĒ and it is the story of Russell Baxter. Russell was the role model of every boy in the neighborhood. When Paul was 13 years old, Russell bought a new 1966 silver GTO with black Cordova top. Paulís life changed forever.

Russell was drafted and he gave Paul a spare set of keys to the GTO, and it was Paulís responsibility to start the car every weekend so it would be ready for Russell when he returned from Viet Nam. Sadly, Russell did not come home alive. Russellís parents put the car up for sale and Paul wanted to buy it, but his parents would not let him. Some years later Paul was ready to buy the GTO he had always wanted. He was unable to track down Russellís GTO, but eventually found an identical match which he did buy.

I guess Paul can finally give Russell back the keys he has kept all this time.

Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi

I am sorry to hear this and condolences to Mrs Zazarine. We never met but Paul Zazarine was an early influence to me through his writing. I was a charter subscriber to Musclecar Review in the mid 1980s and still refer to his excellent book "How to Restore your Musclecar." He was a great friend to Pontiac fans and will be missed. Todd Crews

9. Default

-----Original Message-----
    To: pociworldhq@aol.com
    Sent: Wed, Jan 12, 2011 3:01 pm
    Subject: Please Post on Website

Dear friend,

No doubt by now you've heard that Paul passed away this past Monday.

Lexi informs us that there will be a memorial service for him at Carl
    Black Pontiac on E. Colonial Drive in Orlando, next Sunday Jan 16,
    and 6PM.

A group is exploring the possibility of getting together and cruising
    from the bay area to Orlando on Sunday afternoon for this service.
    So far, the suggestion has been made that we meet at the T/A truck
    stop on I-4, just east of the I-75 interchange, at 3:30 PM. We'll
    group together and go as a bunch to say Hail and Farewell to Paul.

If you're interested, and/or if you feel like distributing this idea
    to the membership, please do so, and have folks contact me at this
    email address if they'd like to attend.

I think it'd be a nice sendoff for our old buddy, and I also think
    Lexi would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Stan Rarden
    813-732-3380
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.