Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default 62bonneville,behind the dash

I am re-assembling the dash on my bonneville. I came upon these items, I don't know what they are or where they go.. The schematic in the shop manual didn't help at all. The one item, their are three of them are about an inch and a half long and a half an inch in diameter. They have one flat end and spherical end. They are all attached to one place on the fuse block. The other item is some sort of reostat. I had it stored in a box with a lot of other electrical items. I don't have a clue where it goes. Attached are pictures of these items.
    Last edited by 014525; November 6th, 2010 at 20:11.

hello i remember these on my starcheif 1962 first one is some kind of lamp ithink and sekond iam not sure looks like the knob to the wiper should fit there.coud be curtesy lamp knob.

Lightbulb I always hate it when I have 'left-over' parts!!

The bullet-shaped pieces are shielded light bulbs. Two will go the each of the dashboard ash trays. I think the metal shield was used to both keep heat from ashes off the bulb's envelope and also limit the intensity of the light. At the moment, I can't recall where a third one would go.

The switch looks like the front-rear speaker control, and goes into the hole drilled on the left side of the radio control knobs.

Hope that helps. Post a pic of your car to this thread when you can!

Thanks guys. The bullet shaped pieces are lihgt bulbs, and they do go in the ash trays. I'm sure I'll be able to find where the other one goes. It sure looks like the reostat goes to the radio. I will post a picture of the car. Thank you for all your help.

The two bullet shaped lights do go to the ashtrays, the third goes to the cigarette lighter housing. There are two slots on the unit to clip to.

The rheostat item is indeed the rear seat speaker switch, which should have a bezel labeled "speaker" and is attached with a flat nut that goes on the threads on the shaft shown. A switch lever held on with a small set screw. Good luck, Todd C

Thank you Todd,
    I appreciate your help.
    Jim