Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default trunk torsion bars

Help!!! While at the Charleston Doo Wop & car show, something went "amiss" w/trunk torsion bars!! Went to close lid & very stiff, I pushed harder & lid went down but shifted to left by an inch??? I removed the torsion bars [not broken] & re-aligned the lid to get it closed. On looking closer now I'm home, each hinge has a "swinging" hook where t/bars hook onto, if I remember right, one side was off the hook at the show. Is there any "trick" to re-installing these T-bars & are these hooks "supposed" to swing?????? Thanks Pete
    Sometimes I wake up grumpy. But today I let her sleep in!!!

Surely, somebody's been in this situation,or have replaced one of these bars????? My shop manual has nothing in the body section other than the grille & Rad ????
    Sometimes I wake up grumpy. But today I let her sleep in!!!

Hi Pete, there was a separate Body Manual that would probably cover this, I have never worked with them. I think there may be a special tool too.

As you found, the factory shop manual had a body section that only dealt with front sheetmetal as that was the body part provided by Pontiac Division. Everything from the firewall back was actually produced by Fisher Body division and they had their own Body Manual, which are fairly easy to get from literature dealers. Good luck, Todd C