Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jeff it isn't just whats available, the bow tie sells its self!!! People just want to buy one even if theres no sign in it? I've never had anyone come up & want to buy any of my Pontiacs, but many people I know have had guys want their Chevys & aren't afraid to ask if 'it's for sale" Here's something I'm thinking "aboot" We were away this wknd. & a neighbour of the B&B we stayed at saw the 64 & invited me to see his car??? I ended up looking at a 39 La Salle 4 dr in his garage, It's for sale, nice shape but needs some engine work, do I try & sell my 52 CDN. Torpedo Back 2dr. & get the La Salle or keep going on the 52??? HELP!!!!! I don't have room for all three????
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Pete, I'd at least get the 52 solid before trying to move it. In this market [s of the border] Projects aren't bringing squat right now so IMO you're better off finishing is it into a solid driver and then trying to move it. I doubt that Lasalle will be going anywhere unless it's dirt cheap.

Mike

BTW, you think of Chevies selling themselves. Thank BJ for that. Anyone who's ever driven a Buick / Olds / Pontiac knows they're a superior car unless the Chevy's fresh and the other's worn out. They ride handle and run better. What's happened IMO is that the Auction Houses have pushed their interests [Chevy and Mopar] and let the others fall by the wayside. This has kept a more honest pricing on the "off brands" but has pushed the selling prices of the C/M cars up far enough that the average enthusiast can't afford them and when they come across a car at a show they'll nib for a price.
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; October 4th, 2010 at 11:38.

Default still in W. V.

Hey guys, still here in Charleston,leaving on Tues. I have to retract my statement of earlier, I had a fellow at the car show ask me if I would sell the Catalina, "wrong" timing, as I need it to get home with a load of parts I bought down here. Met up with "FROSTY" & his wife here at the show, great folks & I hope I have new friends for along time ahead
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    . Met up with "FROSTY" & his wife here at the show, great folks & I hope I have new friends for along time ahead

Count on it Pete!

Did you win any $$$ in WV for long distance award? I won some cash 3 years ago but since then people have come from further away.

Talked to the lady that looks after the award, said they had to check the Zip codes & she had never seen a canadian postal code with "letters" in it!!! She thinks I had it in the bag & if so will mail the $$$ out to me. I had no idea it was a CASH prize, thought it was a plaque or trophy, Rusty never said a word to me "aboot" it, & laughed when I found out it was cash. If I win that will pay for most of the trip, 654 mi door to door, 11hr. down & 10 1/2 back, 3 tanks of gas each way, think I got 18mpg on your US gal. "that ain't bad" for a big tub w/dual quads, cam & head work!!!! I've heard the saying "THE CHEQUE IS IN MAIL" but hope this time it's TRUE!!! Great show, great cars but found alot of T Q's even from the Charleston area. 55 Nomad across from you, owned for 5yrs, owner said it might have 10mi. on it!!! Still say, "IF I CAN'T DRIVE IT, I DON'T WANT IT"

You will definitely get the check (not cheque - how provincial!) in the mail. They are good about getting that stuff mailed out. Randy mailed me mine when I won it back in 2008.

Yes the show does bring out the T Qs. Still a lot of great looking cars. You have to love that all wooden "Harley" car for example. The ghoulish street rods were pretty cool too. Did you make it to the engine shop tour? I have yet to make it.

Like you, I've made 2 trips to Charleston this year alone. So there are definitely no T Qs in my garage. I like to drive my cars too much.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    You will definitely get the check (not cheque - how provincial!) in the mail. They are good about getting that stuff mailed out. Randy mailed me mine when I won it back in 2008.

Yes the show does bring out the T Qs. Still a lot of great looking cars. You have to love that all wooden "Harley" car for example. The ghoulish street rods were pretty cool too. Did you make it to the engine shop tour? I have yet to make it.

Like you, I've made 2 trips to Charleston this year alone. So there are definitely no T Qs in my garage. I like to drive my cars too much.
    Just showing you guys the correct spelling, cheque, colour, Z is" zed" not "Zee" we have "zed" 28 Camaro's here not "Zee" 28 Camaro's but were still "cousin's just spell things & pronounce things differently. EH!!!!!