Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get Well Frosty

TININDN Guest

Default Get Well Frosty

Forum Members -

It was brought to my attention that Frosty was stricken seriously ill at the POCI Convention in Charleston last week and is expected to be hospitalized for an extended time in Charleston.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Dave, any way you could list an address for mailing a card?

I've chatted with frosty a few times, know his name is Dennis and lives in Michigan, checked the POCI roster and there's a bunch of Dennis's in Michigan, but sounds like we want the address of the Charleston hospital, not home address
    Mike Klassen - 1995 white Bonneville SSEi

Quote Originally Posted by aukc View Post
    I've chatted with frosty a few times, know his name is Dennis and lives in Michigan, checked the POCI roster and there's a bunch of Dennis's in Michigan, but sounds like we want the address of the Charleston hospital, not home address
    This is a good example of why the profiles should be filled out, then we would have known the 1st & last name & home town,state or province!!!!!
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

TININDN Guest

I believe this is is home address:

Dennis Carol
    601 Maxine Drive
    Davison MI 48423 US

We are trying to find out what hospital he is in -

TININDN Guest

Bill Fortune informs me Dennis is in St. Francis Hospital in Charleston -

TININDN Guest

From a forwarded e-mail -

Dennis's Current Address:
    Dennis Carol
    St. Francis Hospital (ICU) Room 203
    333 Laidley Street
    Charleston, WV 25322

Any word on his condition & progress to recovery????
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

KKlein Guest

Default Frosty's Condition

The last that I heard was that they brought him out of the coma and took him off of the ventilator. He had to have a tracheotomy so that he could breathe. He has been sitting up some, but he is still a very sick man with a lot of infection inside. This information is third hand.

KKlein

10. Default

Latest Update

Today is Wednesday (Day 13). Dennis is doing great! He was wide awake this morning and they placed his special cap over his tracheotomy which would allow him to talk. At first when I arrived, he did not have it on and was unable to adequately communicate. After some investigation and discussion with his doctor, the reason it hadn't been put in place the previous evening as well as early this morning was because he was choking and gasping for air when they tried. Well, it was identified that some of the nurses did not understand that there was a certain little pouch at his throat that HAD to be deflated before installing. Once the doctor clarified that important point with them, they tried again with grave success. Therefore he was able to talk all day today and let's just say he has had plenty to say ever since. I warned the nurses that they might be sorry they installed it. The most frustrating challenge for him right now is continuing to remain in the bed as he has been there for so many days and his body is getting tired of laying around. Today Dennis received two units of blood to help increase his hemoglobin levels and there is continued monitoring of his kidney functions as well as surgery sight.

Dennis was very happy to see his family today as well as some of his "Widetracker" friends. It is a joy to see him engaged in conversations involving cars and football. A sure sign that he is on the road to recovery.

Doctors informed us this morning that hopefully within the next day or so, they can remove the tracheotomy tube. It is anticipated that he will only be in ICU for a couple more days at which time he will be transferred to a room on the surgical floor for continued recovery efforts. This evening, Dennis enjoyed his first bit of food. He was provided jello, chicken broth and tea. It was a bit of a challenge but overall a step in the right direction.

He is in good spirits and looks forward for visitor hours.

Larry Crider
    RT 66 Oklahoma
    POCI Director
    Southern Division