Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default Coil, Points & Condenser for `32 Pontiac-6

Does anyone know where I can find a Coil, Points and a Condenser for my `32 Pointiac-6?
    The coil is the "key-in-coil" type.

Ideally, I'd like to buy a few to have as spares, but I'm not sure where to look.
    If you've got information about part numbers for any of these that could help greatly too!

Hello tbeggan, looks like CPR has the points & condenser and other parts cataloged, see www.pontiacparts.net and click on "full size" then "electrical."

They have some new original parts, so you could inquire about the coil too. Every early Pontiac owner should have their free catalog, good luck,

Todd Crews
    POCI 1957 Technical Advisor

Tom,
    That was going to be the recommendation I was going to give you, too. The coil may be a tough one. I see them from time to time on eBay. I think that they may be the same as used by Oldsmobile. I have actually had to bypass mine because the engine would not start from time to time and replacing the coil seemed to solve the problem. I have not bought any points in many years. I may have some used ones if you ever get in a pinch. I need to do some research and see if there are any early Chevy ones that might work. Looking at the sketches in the Filling Station catalog (vintage Chevy parts) they look very similar. Might be there is a replacement. The condenser is not critical. I think any of the old cylinder ones from a 6 Volt system of that vintage would work. I will also put this response on the 32Pontiac Facebook page.
    Hope this helps.
    Rob

NAPA has them is stock up here in Canada.

rocky migliori Guest

I have seen points and condensers on e-bay. Could be what your looking for Rocky

Hello tbeggan , I don`t know about the coil because I didn`t buy one yet , but Carquest in Canada has points ,part# 50-3527 ,condensor part#50-1644 ,dist. cap part#51-1617 and rotor part #51-5572 ,good luck