Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 50th aniversary gathering of ALL 61-63 Tempest ropeshaft cars in 2011

There will be a 50th aniversary gathering of ALL 61-63 Tempest ropeshaft cars in 2011. It will be held in Norwalk Ohio in August of 2011. It will be held at the same time as the Norwalk Pontiac event. Exact date & time to follow. Plans are currently being made for this event. It is being planned now to give enough notice to all owners/cars. Event will include:

1. A car show!!!!
    2. A T shirt
    3. A window sticker
    4. A meeting/gathering/discussion/dinner

More to follow!!!

This 50th Aniversary will be open to ALL 61-63 cars. It is being planned & hosted by the Little Indians chapter of POCI. Check back for more info as it becomes available!!!

(Mike Nixon forwarded this info to me)
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

More info is available from the Little Indians chapter of POCI & in the events section of the forums at www.performanceyears.com

If anyone is planning on attending, please email me so we can get a head count.

Thanks!!!
    Keith Collier
    mechanickeith@hotmail.com
    Last edited by mechanickeith; May 1st, 2010 at 16:55.

Keith, it sounds like this will be a good event. God and the Economy willing we look forward to meeting you inperson.

Mike

Thanks Mike!! I am still planning on being there!!!

If you plan on attending the 50th reunion, please go here http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QQYWMLM & fill out the short survey.

Your comments will assist in the planning of this event!!!

Thanks, Keith

TININDN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
    If you plan on attending the 50th reunion, please go here http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QQYWMLM & fill out the short survey.

Your comments will assist in the planning of this event!!!

Thanks, Keith
    Keith:

What is the entry fee or registration fee for your event at Norwalk? Not seeing it in any of your promotional materials - did I miss it?

Dave, As of right now, cost has not been set. We are trying to have it as a no/low cost event. If there is any cost, it will be minimal. There will of course be the entrance fee at the track at Norwalk. A lot of this will depend on the wishes of the people that plan on attending. The survey will help in coming up with a cost & list of events to go along with the Tri Power Nationals event. I belive there has been about 40 responces to the survey so far. Getting a host hotel probably will not happen till after the first of the year & things will probably happen pretty fast after that. As soon as I know, it will be posted.

Keith

TININDN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
    Dave, As of right now, cost has not been set. We are trying to have it as a no/low cost event. If there is any cost, it will be minimal. There will of course be the entrance fee at the track at Norwalk. A lot of this will depend on the wishes of the people that plan on attending. The survey will help in coming up with a cost & list of events to go along with the Tri Power Nationals event. I belive there has been about 40 responces to the survey so far. Getting a host hotel probably will not happen till after the first of the year & things will probably happen pretty fast after that. As soon as I know, it will be posted.

Keith
    Thanks Keith -

Since I don't attend Norwalk (go to Sturgis instead), what is the current entrance fee say to bring a car and your wife?

Keith, As a reference for people thinking of attending Norwalk 2011, to SHOW, not Race my car this past yr and get Jen and my 16 old son in it was a flat 100.00 bill.

If it continues as in the past AMES will feed show / race participants Sat nite with burgers / dogs plus picnic sides. hospitality carts carry doughnuts in the am on Sat Sun,with coffee / juice.

Hotel rates were approx 140 per nite for Thurs / Fri. Sat was approx 190.00. From past experience with lodging there this'll be close for a "local" establishment that's decent. There are some ****holes that're cheaper.
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; September 27th, 2010 at 13:13.

Dont forget chicken and tenderloins...oh wait...different gathering at Norwalk.
    POSI - "It's not just a club, it's an addiction!"