Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    TININDN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyre View Post
    I'm new here, do I get to vote?
    Did you get the March Smoke Signals yet?

Considering he just joined up I doubt he will get one Dave.

Also I know of more than one Indiana resident who's not rec'd a copy yet.

Mike

TININDN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    Considering he just joined up I doubt he will get one Dave.

Also I know of more than one Indiana resident who's not rec'd a copy yet.

Mike
    Wow - considering the March issue went to mail at least two weeks ago!

Thumbs up Online ballots

Great point, I like the idea of adding online voting. There will always be the need to have the paper ballot since not all POCI members have internet access unless they go to the public library, and then you open up the issue of signing into POCI on a computer that has public access which is not a good idea. I see the paper ballot has a reference number, so I'm not sure how it would work, but there's alot of smart POCI'ers here and I'm sure some kind of a system could be put in place that would keep us moving forward in the online world.

No March edition yet,maybe another week or so before it will show up!!!!!! We do our local voting up here online, so don't see why it can't be done here as well?????? That's the only way they could get the voters to get off their "A$$es & vote
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

022561 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    I've got a question on voting, will there be any extension on time limit, for us Canadian's that don't get our S/Signals till the middle of the month or later???
    For the last few months the magazine has been on time. This month's MIA!

Don

TININDN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GPCONV View Post
    Great point, I like the idea of adding online voting. There will always be the need to have the paper ballot since not all POCI members have internet access unless they go to the public library, and then you open up the issue of signing into POCI on a computer that has public access which is not a good idea. I see the paper ballot has a reference number, so I'm not sure how it would work, but there's alot of smart POCI'ers here and I'm sure some kind of a system could be put in place that would keep us moving forward in the online world.
    It has been talked about by the POCI Board members -

It would require a lot of research in order to make it tamper proof and transparent, plus, it would require a change to the POCI Constitution, which require board action and membership approval.

Changes that have been made to voting and ballots in the past two years to make the elections much less "questionable". And, the mail-in paper ballot system now in place makes it easy for any member to actually inspect the votes in person at the annual board meeting. Right now, me thinks we have a pretty good solution in place - all ballots are numbered, only magazines mailed to members contain ballots, e-members receive ballots by regular mail, all extra ballots are destroyed by the print shop, and ballots are mailed to and counted by a law firm - disinterested third party.

Also, remember when coming up with a "new" method, there will be costs and potential problems. New ideas and suggestions are always welcome and certainly will be evaluated. We already are looking at a potential solution for the international members.

Thanks for your concerns, interest and participation - we're "all ears".

Quote Originally Posted by TININDN View Post
    Wow - considering the March issue went to mail at least two weeks ago!
    For what it's worth, the March issue was mailed on February 23, two weeks ago tomorrow. My copy just came today. I've talked with Don Keefe and we're going to try to arrange to get the May issue to the printer even earlier so that it can be mailed a couple days sooner. We're doing better with the Missouri mailing location than with the previous New York mailing, but we'll try to get it a little earlier still.
    Alan Mayes
    Tullahoma, TN
    Southern Division Director
    1961 Ventura 2-door kustom

9. Default

Alan
    super job you and the committee is doing on improving the Smoke arrival times and quality. Members should be patience but improvements are being made monthly thanks to dedicated members.

Larry Crider
    RT 66 Oklahoma
    POCI Director
    Southern Division

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TININDN View Post
    Did you get the March Smoke Signals yet?
    Nope, just joined....
    https://secure.poci.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2991&dateline=1267928  775