Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Board of Directors

I was interested in knowing a little more about these positions. I have seen them before but dont know much about them. What are the resonsibilities of those elected? Requirements? Are they paid positions? How much? How long do they last. Meetings required? Just thought I would ask before I voted.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN
    2004-2006 GTO and G8 Tech Advisor

Board of Directors positions are non-paid and the term is three years each. Each geographical divison has three directors and their terms are staggered so that one is up for election each year. The directors represent the members and conduct the business of POCI as a committee. We meet once a year in person at the POCI Convention. Additionally we handle business through e-mail communications. There is additional information about the Board of Directors qualifications and duties in the POCI By Laws, which can be viewed online at the Members Only section of the POCI website.
    Alan Mayes
    Tullahoma, TN
    Southern Division Director
    1961 Ventura 2-door kustom

TININDN Guest

Carl:

Just to add a few things to what Alan pointed out. Directors are not paid like Alan said, but do receive $0.20/mile reimbursement for travel to and from the annual convention. Directors are strongly urged and expected to attend the conventions. Directors also get first dibs on host hotel lodging at the conventions. In turn, directors are expected to help out in any way they can at conventions. The POCI officers are elected by the directors and serve one year terms, while the directors are elected by the membership.

Also, directors are expected to serve on committees - some are long standing committees, and some are short-term and formed for just one purpose, then disbanded.

As Alan noted, most business is conducted by e-mail throughout the year, and usually means involvement a couple of times a month.

Thanks for your interest!

[B] I'd like to ask for all our POCI forum users for your vote for the Board of Directors Northeast Division position.
    I currently serve as a technical advisor for 1939-1942 and also a Forum moderator.
    Thanks for all your support and please vote -Elections Matter!
    Last edited by JPatterson; March 1st, 2010 at 11:18. Reason: add more info

Thank you guys for the response. Sure gives me a better idea of what is going on.
    2004 GTO TR m6 2004 SAP,D-1SC Procharger,4.0 pulley,Siemens 60# injectors,Walbro 340,KB BAP,160 T-stat,oil breather,06 tails,Ruff 278's, 245/40/18-275/35/18,TB bypass,Kooks longtubes(cated),Loudmouth 2,DIY catchcan,Autolite 5144s,06 brake upgrade.Comp cam 224/228,581/588,112+4 lsa. Patriot gold dual springs, seats,locks,and retainers.TrickFlow push rods.243 Z06 heads.GMM Ripshift, Optima Red, Axxis pads.Ported TB,Monster stage 3 clutch,EPP tune.608/569 L8R MAN

I've got a question on voting, will there be any extension on time limit, for us Canadian's that don't get our S/Signals till the middle of the month or later???
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

7. Default

I emailed Dave Bennett and POCI sec. Kendra Klein to see what they think, current rules say postmarked by 3/31/10
    Paul Bergstrom
    POCI Club Office Mgr.

TININDN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    I've got a question on voting, will there be any extension on time limit, for us Canadian's that don't get our S/Signals till the middle of the month or later???
    Pete:

The officers and board are bound by the POCI Constitution which states -

D. The Secretary shall prepare a ballot containing the names of all persons nominated in accordance with the guidelines set down by the Directors, and mail it to all members entitled to vote no later than February 28th. Ballots must be postmarked no later than March 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualquadpete View Post
    Just so you know the ballot were sent out seperatly through 1st class mail. You can read the candidates bios and ideas here through the online Smoke Signals from the POCi main page. Good luck. I have seen that you have some problems with your mail. Since I work for the USPS and can understand how it could happen. Seems like the flat sorter in your area may need some service. I have never had a problem here although I opted for the online membership this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JPatterson View Post
    [B] I'd like to ask for all our POCI forum users for your vote for the Board of Directors Northeast Division position.
    I currently serve as a technical advisor for 1939-1942 and also a Forum moderator.
    Thanks for all your support and please vote -Elections Matter!
    This is a good point, as a member you NEED to VOTE. This will keep the club moving forward and will prevent it slinding into the issues of the past. The big thing is you need to VOTE in these things.

RE voting for Jim, He's doing a good job as a Tech Advisor, He'll have my support in the election.
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; March 2nd, 2010 at 18:15.