Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org

Default window regulator repair

I had a 1/4 window regulator that wouldn't move, crank turned but that was all. After reading an "on-line manual" I started to take it out. Everything went well untill instruction said to roll window down to remove reg."Well" if I could do that, I wouldn't be fixing the "damm" thing, I managed to get the reg. out & found the drive gear "stripped" I had extra regs. that came with the car[ 52 Torpedoback] but they looked like rear 4 dr or maybe 53-54 I drilled out the rivits on one & it looked the like the same gear drive, located some rivits w/flat heads & transferred the gear drive. There is one rivit that has to go in before you install gear drive [no access to hole] I took unit to local tractor dealer & used their "rivit" press" It now goes up & down, the coil sprg. was missing [lost] I used the one off extra & will pre-load it for rolling wind up!! So, what I'm saying here is these things can be repaired, with a "few BEERS" & a little thinking, it can be done!!! Now all I have to do is put the thing back together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

re-installed regulator, window now goes up & down!!! I WIN !!! [for once]
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"