Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Grand Prix - 69 through 73

Looking for a project car, especially SJ models. Live in the midwest.

What are you looking to spend?

Default Wanted: '69 thru '72 GP

I don't have much - 3K max at this point.

Check this one out, may be a bit far for you but it looks solid. Price is close to your range. I don't think they'll get that kind of money for a non runner, but if it's truely rust free that adds a bit of value to it. The G/P's are a high demand car so I'll bet the owner will come down some.

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto/1599960874.html
    Last edited by Mike Nixon; February 24th, 2010 at 21:31.

Default The Hunt for a GP

Thanks Mike. Hoping to find something closer to home. Don't you have a few laying around you might consider parting with?

I've got a 69, really don't want to sell it, and if I did it'd be more than 3k as I'd have to replace it, and the one I'd replace it with is closer to 6k. There're pics of it in the Pontiac powered G/P forum here. Planning on driving it as a B.O.Y. this yr. My 72's NOT for sale. Too many memories from my street racing days there. I turned down a 70 4 spd car last fall due to finances but it needed a LOT of metal work and it's gone now. If I here of another one in your price range I'll drop you a line.
    You may look on www.autorv.com , there's been a 69 or 70 for sale in Chicago for 6 months or so. Looks to be a decent car.

Mike

Default Oh well...

Didn't hurt to ask

I appreciate you keeping a look out for me, that would be great. Checked the link you gave me but nothing came up. That must have sold. In the meantime, considering a '77 LJ with a '74 motor built to 74 SD specs. Feel like I need something for the spring/summer season!

I'll bet the one in Chitown comes back in the next 3-6 weeks. That's the time frame it's been reappearing.

Mike

There's a '69 and '72 listed in Classical Pontiac. I think I saw the '69 on Performance Years too, sounds like a deal at $1750, but it's in process and looked gutted. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Here's the CP listing, PY is down right now.

1969 GRAND PRIX

Racer81x
    Full Bio
    Email: wickedsavage@hotmail.com
    Home: IA USA

2/8/10 Report
    Name: Shane
    State: IA
    Phone: 515-370-2901
    Email: wickedsavage@hotmail.com
    Year: 1969
    Model: GRAND PRIX
    Interior Color: gold
    Price: $1750

This ad has been viewed 217 times
    1969 Grand Prix Model J Has the origional 400 4bbl, Origionaly gold with black vinal top. 118K Restoration was started by previous owner. Frame, trunk, and floors are all solid. Most of the body work has been finished and primed, Only panel that needs patched is drivers rear quarter, which I have a replacement lower that goes with the car. A good body man could finish the bodywork in a good weekend, or a week.
    Decent gold interior, nice dash, door panels, seats are pretty good, drivers bucket has a few rips, and needs a new headliner.
    Options: A/C tilt, PS, PDB, buckets.
    I've had this car for about 4 years and haven't had the time to finsh it and have some other projects i'd like to get done first.
    It ran really good when I got it, drove it in the shop and sat for several years till I fired it up a month ago and has a pop when it runs. Could be a loose rocker arm or stuck valve?
    I think I have everything for the car except 1 rocker molding, and valance panels, I will have to double check though.

$1750
    Located in NW IA
    E-mail me for pics
    Last edited by GpFreak; March 6th, 2010 at 07:03.