Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Tri-5 Exhaust Upgrade

Here's an example of a Tri-5 exhaust upgrade using early H-O manifolds and
    2 1/4" exhaust pipe w/a Hooker Hedders 3-bolt cut-outs...

Rick
    Forum Moderator
    Attached Images Attached Images

What about the drivers side? Can you use the same long branch manifolds or do you have to make other modifications?
    Current:
    '58 Pontiac Chieftain Safari 9 passenger wagon
    '66 Pontiac Bonneville 9 passenger wagon (421, Tripower, 4 spd)
    Previous:
    '64 Lemans Coupe
    '67 GTO Convertible 4spd
    '67 Lemans Convertible 4spd
    '67 Pontiac Tempest 6 passenger wagon
    '69 Catalina Wagon

022561 Guest

I thought those were illegal, at least they were the last time I got a fixet ticket for having them.

Don

The cutouts should only be illegal if you use them on a public street.

Mike

022561 Guest

Mike, not in California!! In fact changing the exhaust system/or emission system on any 1966 and newer car is illegal. Taking a air pump off a 66 Pontiac (any model) is a no no. You can change some things as long as they are CARB approved and must have the CARB # on the part. FYI CARB is California Air Resources Board.

Don

022561 Guest

Looking at that picture Rick posted the engine must be a 59. Motor mounts and gusher cooling system.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by 022561 View Post
    Mike, not in California!! In fact changing the exhaust system/or emission system on any 1966 and newer car is illegal. Taking a air pump off a 66 Pontiac (any model) is a no no. You can change some things as long as they are CARB approved and must have the CARB # on the part. FYI CARB is California Air Resources Board.

Don
    Don I'm familiar with CARB numbers.

Cali law is just one reason I'll not live in that so******t republic.

Mike

022561 Guest

Mike, it's hard to believe now, but California used to be a conservative state. The swing started in the early 70's. What we need here or in the nation is one side go this way and one side go the other. I would make the move in a heartbeat. Know what side would have the biggest GNP?? The answer would be no suprise to me. It would be the can do states vs the can't do states. The hard part for me would be the weather. Where else can you go surfing in the morning then sun yourself for an hour, chow down and then by late afternoon go snow skiing?? It's hard to give that part up.

Don

Mike, it's hard to believe now, but California used to be a conservative state. The swing started in the early 70's. What we need here or in the nation is one side go this way and one side go the other. I would make the move in a heartbeat. Know what side would have the biggest GNP?? The answer would be no suprise to me. It would be the can do states vs the can't do states. The hard part for me would be the weather. Where else can you go surfing in the morning then sun yourself for an hour, chow down and then by late afternoon go snow skiing?? It's hard to give that part up.

Don

Don, that wouldn't be hard for me to give up at all. The BS that goes along with your state's politics trumps that in a heartbeat for me. I had a job offer from Granitelli Motorsports in the mid 80's that wou;dve required me to move out there and that was what killed the deal. I'm glad you like it there, I've no doubt that I wouldn't.

Mike

TININDN Guest

Where else can you go surfing in the morning then sun yourself for an hour, chow down and then by late afternoon go snow skiing?? It's hard to give that part up.

Don
    Don -

Actually, right here on the North Shore of Lake Superior - and you don't even have to drive an hour from skiing to surfing - plus, you won't have to wash the salt off your body after surfing, because you can actually drink the water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qg4gKXbBss