Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: slowing down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nixon View Post
    Pete, The P/Y site is slow now also. It's that time of yr, give it 45 days or so when the weather breaks and it'll pick up them. This is typical from my experience, winter blahs ect, a little spring weather will change that..

The recent downtime didn't help a bit I suspect also.

Mike
    Well the time of year hasn't slowed our site up here, Cdn. Poncho site going strong,busy, & a lot more different members posting & answering. everytime I log on.there are at least 20 "new" posts to look at, & it's not that old of a site. I thought the add in S/S would have got some new people on here,& more posts. One of the new posts on CDN. site was about a member that is going to sell off his collection of cars & parts, all CDN. Acadian & Beaumonts, there were about 20 pictures of at least 30 cars + a barn full of parts, has to be the "biggest collection" of these type of cars & parts in Canada. VERY INTERESTING post!! I just can't figure out why there is "virtually" no activity" here at all & the same 5 or 6 members on line??? If you look at the cars for sale sectiom, 90% are put in by "club office" even though some of the ones that are members cars have an e-mail address, why didn't they come on here themselves to put the add in, or am I missing something that I don't know about in the sale section??? There is a "wealth" of information on this site,LETS USE IT!! I'm not coming down on this site, just disappointed in the lack of use!!!
    Last edited by Dualquadpete; February 21st, 2010 at 06:24.
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

TININDN Guest

Pete:

Ever since you brought up this issue, I've been watching a popular Poncho site here in the US, and it is dead compared to the past. So, I have concluded that this may be a disease that currently is confined to the US, and maybe Pontiac related. The HAMB and Jockey Journal seem to be where all the action is of late - and those sites are not of the chat room type. We've got some more ideas over the next month or two.

Pete, if you want frustrating here's a perfect example.

A few months ago I asked Don Keefe to run a blurb in Smoke Signals asking the GMC owners to take the time to drop me an email with basic info on their truck so I could address their needs in the Tech areas of this site.

I got a grand Total of ZERO RESPONSES. Whether that means that no one reads those short articles or the GMC ownbers just don't care to participate I don't know because no one participated. If there was a need I had a GMC
    Truck engineer who was prepared to step up as a T/A who's got a history with Pontiac on the sponsored racing side of the hobby thru his family and experience in the truck side thru his job since the 70's. I /KNOW damned good and well that there're members with GMC trucks, I OWN 5 myself.

The way to improve this club is thru member participation, we just have to get them involved.

Mike

Mike, I just flipped over to Cdn. site,15 people there, 3 from your side of border & 1 from Austrailia,11 Canadians,[separate page that tells you where they are from] right now there's 3 on here+ 2 guests. I have no answer on how to get them "involved" as there seems to be "no interest" I hope it's not the "ALL ABOUT ME" & to hell with the other guy, if I help him out he might end up with a better car than me. I saw this attitude at the05 convention from a "few" of the points judged owners that were at our hotel!!! I guess all we can do is try & get some more members to come on board, & if not, it will just be the guys & girls that are here already to "carry on" Thats a pretty poor feed back from the GMC end!!!!
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

Pete, you do realise that we can't **** members out of thin air don't you? Your bringing this post up every three days probably isn't encouraging new members to come back either, this is the first thing they see when brousing as it's at the top of the list. It's highly possible they read this thread and come to the conclusion that the rest isn't worth looking at.

As I said several times in this thread it takes participating members encouraging new members to log in and participate. That will not happen overnight, it may happen quciker without negative postings in the top forum statimg how dead the forum is..

Mike

Wink Keep it positive..............

Hey Pete,

Cut us a little slack and help this site grow by posting something of interest: if you find a interesting story or pics on another site please share them with this site's members. We have thoroughly identified the fact that we need more participation, now each of us must get the word out in order to gain members who are interested in the FUTURE potential of POCI's very own Forum.

Les
    1966 GTO Sport Coupe
    1968 Grand Prix
    1972 Trans Am clone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff K View Post
    Les, 10 years ago when I first came on the internet, the POCI board was so busy, of course it was open to the public then. How long are you people going to hang on to this broken idea that this board will come alive...

Since the membership is paying for all this, why not ask the question and have a vote on the next ballot? Open to public or closed....
    Thanks Jeff, I've been "biting my tongue" & trying not to bring the subject up again,[ upset some people] think board wants it to go away & fix it's self Ain't going to happen. I've talked to many Pontiac owners about joining POCI here in Ontario,at shows here, most are "former" members & under no uncertain terms will they even consider coming back!! What now????? Also see "Move the Swap Meet"
    Last edited by Dualquadpete; July 7th, 2010 at 21:18.

022561 Guest

[QUOTE=Jeff K;5373]Pete, I guess the old saying "you can't fight city hall" would apply here...

I can think of another thread where this would apply. Pete, shouting at the screen won't help. Plenty of activity over at P/Y though.

Don