Ames Performance Engineering - Click Here!

POCI LINKS

2017 Annual Convention - Click Here! Visit the POCI Club Store - Click Here! Join us on Facebook - Click Here! Join us on Pinterest - Click Here! Vist the POMARC - Click Here!

Advertise on POCI.org
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: slowing down!!!

Default slowing down!!!

Traffic here is slowing down, not one new post in other sections, just here in General discussion section & it's the same people using this, not knocking this just stating the facts, just the "facts" mame, just the facts" "quote from Joe Friday"???
    Pete Barber 64 2+2 Htp. Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been "TURNED OFF"

2. Default

If it's like what I've experienced, it's alot still do to people not trying it out or even realize this forum is available. I'd like to suggest all chapter Presidents, newsletter editors and/or BOD to summit a article in their local newsletter talking up the forum to see if we can shake this up a bit.

Larry Crider
    RT 66 Oklahoma
    POCI Director
    Southern Division

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff K View Post
    It was suggested to me by one of the clubs trusted servants not to post certain links here. Since I use a lot of links in my descriptions and don't know what is or isn't accepted, I find it's best to just not post my projects and not brake the rules.. I respect this club and realize they have reasons for rules even though I may not understand them...

I don't want to be banned from this site like I was on Performance Years for braking there rules...

Jeff, What was probably suggested to you [I didn't do it so I don't know the exact wording] was to not post links to competeing websites. That's a common forum rule.

That doesn't mean you can't post a link to photobucket or a similar site.

You were banned from P/Y for creating multiple user accounts which is a direct violation of the user agreement you agreed to [by clicking the I agree to the terms box, when you joined the site.

Mike

022561 Guest

I would still like to see the Tech Advisors chime in on the questions people ask on the forum. It wouldn't hurt for directors to chime in when it comes to talk about Conventions and shows as well, and it wouldn't hurt for chapter officers to do the same. How can you expect members to participate if the Reps. don't??? I feel if you have any of the jobs above that this forum is part of your job. This forum is the best way for you to stay in touch and feel the pulse of how and what we are all thinking.

Don

Don I'm pushing for that, I think it's getting better but the questions have to be there to answer.

Mike

TININDN Guest

Pete -

I've also noticed that the PY site has seemed to slow down the past three weeks - maybe just a coincidence or the post holiday blahs

022561 Guest

Mike, I appreciate you for trying to make the site work. I will give you a example of what I think should happen. In the section 67-79, a post for advise on a non working fuel gauge/fuel tank problem was entered. I watched it go a couple of days then answered the thread, but where was the Tech Advisor who is responsible for 68-69 "A" body?? Waiting at home for someone to give him/her a ring-a ding-ding?? This is 2010.
    I have seen some threads go un-answered for some period of time and this is not good. Tech advisors should be looking here on the site every day and if they don't want to, let's find someone who will.
    I do have a comment on the Move the swap meet. Seems to me there are two places on the site for buying or selling cars-parts ect. Just put them on one or the other. I don't know if the site is geared up for this but for a car being sold there should be the ability to post multiple pictures of cars/parts for a add like Hemmings does because you can't get a good enough idea about what a cars condition is from one 20 footer picture. That could make all the difference for wanting to pursue the matter further.

Don

Don I've specified once a week for T/A's checking in for the simple fact that life intervenes at times. I check try and check the boards at least once a day for new posts and answer what I can.

I agree with the sitting by the phone comment, I'm also pushing for all T/A's to be on the net. There have been changes in the T/A's due to that exact reason. Email's how I prefer to communicate with them, It's cheap, quick and can be done at the same time for several time zones.

RE site traffic it's down on the other forum I moderate on and an Old truck Site I participate in. I think it's that time of yr and will probably pick up in a few weeks when the "itch" comes back for the car

Mike

Default T/A on forums

Hey people--this is a HOBBY--it means I have other things I have to do. When I am at work, I am on the road. My current company car has 250,000 miles on it, in less than 5 years. The job not only involves driving, I have to do things when I arrive. At my advancing age, I distinctly recall my cars when they were new, I find that after I roll into the motel, and find dinner, standing in line to use the hotel public computer is not what I am wanting to do anymore.
    So if you have a Tech Advisor question, why don't you take a little inititive and tell one of us about it? Why should we have to pick around in all the areas, hoping to find your question?

Quote Originally Posted by 50scars View Post
    Hey people--this is a HOBBY--it means I have other things I have to do. When I am at work, I am on the road. My current company car has 250,000 miles on it, in less than 5 years. The job not only involves driving, I have to do things when I arrive. At my advancing age, I distinctly recall my cars when they were new, I find that after I roll into the motel, and find dinner, standing in line to use the hotel public computer is not what I am wanting to do anymore.
    So if you have a Tech Advisor question, why don't you take a little inititive and tell one of us about it? Why should we have to pick around in all the areas, hoping to find your question?

EXactly why I asked TA's to check the site once a week If I find a question I can't answer then I try to ding the T/a for that area. I use the New Posts Icon at the top of the page to narrow down the search.

I'm not asking you guys to LIVE here just check it once a week at the least which in my mind is reasonable. I also agree that it's the member's responsibilty to hunt down the T/A if the question's not answered in a reasonable amount of time.

Mike