PDA

View Full Version : The latest 69 GP to follow me home

Mike Nixon
September 11th, 2009, 10:45
Some pics of it, parked in a a garage in 1977, Engine is stuck but is all numbers matching drivetrain and as you can see pretty correct. 400, TH400.

Enjoy

Mike

Mike Nixon
September 11th, 2009, 10:52
More pics, The trunk floor photographs a LOT worse than it really is.

MIke

Mike Nixon
September 11th, 2009, 11:13
A few more.

Note the high tech Ingnition System!

aukc
September 11th, 2009, 18:36
Mike, how are you ever going to get the Bonnevilles fixed up, if you keep on letting these Grand Prixs follow you home.

Mike Nixon
September 11th, 2009, 22:32
You know, My WIFE keeps asking that same question!

I couldn't turn this one down, we'll leave it at that! An engine and brakes and I've no doubt this one will be a driver!

Mike

Doug Pulskamp
September 14th, 2009, 13:38
Looks like a winner Mike! I picked up another one myself the week before POSI Run. Had to let got of the 70 Lemans Convert to get it, but will be worth it in the long run. Guess I should update my avatar...

Mike Nixon
September 14th, 2009, 22:23
Doug, I had heard that and wondered why you were driving the 'vert that night.

If this one would've come loose I've driven it down, Look for it next year!

Mike

Doug Pulskamp
September 15th, 2009, 12:25
Picked one up before I officially sold the other and finishing some stuff on the other before I sell it. The Lemans should be gone tomorrow. Then work can begin on the GTO.:rolleyes:

Mike Nixon
September 15th, 2009, 16:24
so what'd you buy? I just heard you sold the 'vert.

Doug Pulskamp
September 17th, 2009, 13:34
:D69 GTO 'vert:D

Matador, parchment, white top. non a/c, tilt column, wood wheel, rally's, ps, pdb

Not quite the condition that the old Lemans was, but hopefully will be by next spring...

Mike Nixon
September 17th, 2009, 14:14
:D69 GTO 'vert:D

Matador, parchment, white top. non a/c, tilt column, wood wheel, rally's, ps, pdb

Not quite the condition that the old Lemans was, but hopefully will be by next spring...

4 spd car?

IT's hard to beat a 4spd 'vert!

Drop me some pics when you get a chance

Mike

Mike Nixon
May 23rd, 2010, 22:06
Dragging this back up as I pulled the engine today. It's still locked up tighter than a frog's ass after sitting all winter with PB blaster in the cyls and the crankase filled with oil and kerosene.

Gonna shove the engine out of my 68 bird 'vert in it for now, not going to bother with cleaning the engine compartment up until the OE engine goes back in.

Found some interesting ink stamps gave up a lot of skin, gained some grease, ans am one step closer to having another driver for this year.

MIke

Patrick
June 7th, 2010, 20:17
update please. Is it alive? When can I go for a ride? :)

patrick