PDA

View Full Version : where are all the Birds???

rozellms
March 8th, 2009, 21:51
Hey all! We need to get some people on here.
Let me first tell you about me. I own a '98 Trans Am and a '87 Formula. I plan on making the Formula a race/street car one day. The '98 is a trailer queen,so deal with it!!LOL. It is some what of a rare car.It's 1 of 98 in the color of Bright Met. Green.It sits in a climate controlled garage and I trailer it in an enclosed trailer. My plans for it are simple.Leave it alone and in 20 years maybe drive it a little.
I live in SC,and am VP of the Firebird and Trans Am club of the POCI.And yes we do have a website (www.geocities.com/pocifirebirdgroup) When you join you get a cool decal and news letter. We are a little bunch,but we love our Firebirds.If you would like more info email me at (rozellms@yahoo.com) or on here. Look forward talking to you guys and girls.Later!!!

Mike Nixon
March 8th, 2009, 21:56
68 bird 'Vert here and an 83 Bird Vert that needs a home with someone who wants it.

I'll probably build the 68 with my boys and pass it on to them. My interest has shifted since I bought it, but it's not eating anything.

Mike

98goldformula
April 3rd, 2009, 09:13
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98goldformula/phonejan2009032.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98goldformula/98whiteformula037.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98goldformula/P000000F.jpghttp://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98goldformula/COLUMBUSRACING010.jpg

My Bright green formula is one of 34
the red orange is one of 44
the gold formula is one 60

froehlej
October 7th, 2009, 03:59
Hey, nice job on the intro there. I need to get on here more. The wife has corrupted Facebook.....lol, so now i need an escape on here. Let's try and revamp this chapter and get some stuff going here. I'm still deciding on what i want to do with the site. I want to register for the convention also. It would be great to meet up.

froehlej
October 7th, 2009, 04:42
test test test

Patrick
December 26th, 2009, 20:03
It is a neet car. White with red interior. Has the Lear Seigler seats and t-tops. TPI and 3:42 posi.
Unfortunalty someone turned left in front of my nephew and the front end is about 1 foot shorter. :(
Insurance is going to pay me 2440.00 for it and I keep salvage rights. I may fix or part out. It also has 87 GTA rims.

patrick

frosty
December 26th, 2009, 23:21
I am the original owner of an '86 Trans Am

Last year for the full hood screaming chicken decal. Also very rare car since it has factory Recaro seats in it. Pontiac stopped tracking this option in 1985. In 1985, there were around 2000 made. So this car should be very rare with this option. I have only seen two other 1986s with Recaros in 23 years.

Patrick
December 27th, 2009, 08:48
Frosty
Are the Recaro the same as the Lier Seigler seats, 18 way adjustable? Something like that.

rozellms
January 1st, 2010, 13:22
I can't believe how long it's been since I've been on here.Sorry!!!!!. Life can do that sometimes!!! Great to see the all the cars on here.That Bright green Formula would look great next to my Bright Green Trans Am.Think of me if you ever sell!!!LOL. We no longer are using the website I posted on here. We are using Facebook now. Go onto Facebook and look up (Firebird Chapter of POCI). And become A Fan. If you have not yet joined Facebook, please do. It's easy to sighn up and it's free!!! I hate to say this, but I spend a lot of time on there. And so do you JOHN!!!!Just saying!!LOL. I will check in on here more and use this great site. You guys and Girls take care and hope you have a new great year!!!!!!!Later!!!!

Patrick
January 26th, 2010, 06:07
Just added a 93 TA. It is LT 1, automatic, tan leather and Dark green. 147k on the odometer Not one panel is perfect. lol Nice driver for my nephew.

patrick

Mike Nixon
January 26th, 2010, 07:39
So Patrick, WTH are you buying cars for your brother's child?

Patrick
January 26th, 2010, 20:19
So they can be like the beverly hillbillies. Load all their stuff in their cars and leave. Seriously. The wreck was not his fault. He needed another car. I found this one on craigs list. Not all that great but complete and driveable. He thinks it the greatest. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow.

patrick

Tanaman
February 7th, 2010, 13:49
I have a 1988 Trans Am GTA, black with black leather and digital dash. It was a gift from my Father 12 years ago and one day I will pass it on to my son.

frosty
May 4th, 2010, 13:59
Frosty
Are the Recaro the same as the Lier Seigler seats, 18 way adjustable? Something like that.

Patrick

Other than perhaps a similarity in the cloth material, no the Recaro seats are not like the Lear Siegler seats! The Lears are way more comfortable. The Recaros have very little adjustablity compared to the 18-way Lears. The lower leg support moves in and out manually and the forward/ back positioning of the back is a knob that you turn along the side. That's it.

I've included a shot of my passenger Recaro seat when I had some upholestry work done on the car. You can see the small bar between the legs is how the leg support moves in and out.

Shawn Gurney
May 4th, 2010, 21:31
1973 Esprit, 1980 Indy Pace Car, 1981 Turbo T/A WS6 hardtop, 1980 Y-84 all in varius states of needing restoration.

The 1981 Turbo has a 4-speed conversion, lots of suspension work and the motor has been breathed on a bit. I took FTD last year at the Jaguar Club autocross with it, the local Jag dealer was a bit upset that it beat a new XKR. Unfortunately I stuffed the motor at that event when it starved for oil. The new engine should be done this summer.

Shawn

Patrick
May 9th, 2010, 21:36
Patrick

Other than perhaps a similarity in the cloth material, no the Recaro seats are not like the Lear Siegler seats! The Lears are way more comfortable. The Recaros have very little adjustablity compared to the 18-way Lears. The lower leg support moves in and out manually and the forward/ back positioning of the back is a knob that you turn along the side. That's it.

I've included a shot of my passenger Recaro seat when I had some upholestry work done on the car. You can see the small bar between the legs is how the leg support moves in and out.

that is a nice looking seat. thank you for the differance. Still trying to decide if I want to keep the wrecked TA or part it or sell the whole car. :(

patrick

froehlej
July 21st, 2010, 01:52
Hello Everyone, it's been awhile since anyone has posted. I have been working on a new website for our chapter (www.fcpoci.info). I'm still in the process of adding things, but it is up and running. I hope to add photos of the Convention soon. Check it out!

TA Collector
December 14th, 2013, 19:09
we have a flock of birds.
1967 firebird
1976 trans am
1979 trans am 10th anniversary
1979 trans am W72 t-top
1991 trans am GTA
1996 trans am convertible(1 of 174 triple white TAs)
2002 trans am collector edition#1358

froehlej
December 26th, 2013, 23:18
Firebird owners and enthusiasts, we are still around and thriving! There will be a Firebird Reunion at the 2014 POCI Convention so plan on bringing out your car and joining in the fun! Details to follow soon......

fastlane
April 17th, 2014, 13:14
Am I too late?? Wife bought an 81 Esprit for me for Christmas-2013. Needs lots of love($$), but complete car. Straight 6, automatic, T-top. Rick Live in S.C. also.

fastlane
April 15th, 2015, 09:18
Been almost a year, didn't know this thread was this active. Apparently I am too late.

DynoDave
April 24th, 2015, 10:49
Hopefully never too late, fastlane.

New POCI member here, first post on the forum.

I bought this '88 Firebird about 1 year ago. I'm the second owner. About 54k miles now. Original owner (whom I was able to speak with) was a GM employee who ordered this car new. Very well optioned, but with standard L03 V8. Automatic, 2.73 gears. Trans Am package, T-tops and sun shades, WS6 suspension, a/c, tilt, cruise, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, Performance Sound system with AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, Auto-reverse Cassette and factory subwoofers, power antenna, rear hatch release, rear defogger, cargo cover, 6-way adj. driver seat, Bright Red paint, Bright Red PW7 aluminum diamond spoke wheels, wheel locks, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and probably a few things I'm forgetting. Thirdgen.org March 2015 Car of the Month.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/DynoDave/Firebird/7c143e94-e211-4178-9d0c-38693e25365a_zpscxpbg4x2.jpg