PDA

View Full Version : new to forums

fastlane
April 17th, 2014, 12:56
drive an 86 SE. Any others out there?? Rick

JPatterson
April 19th, 2014, 21:10
Hey Rick,
I have an 1987 Notchy. My son has a 1988 GT.
This forum doesn't get the traffic I would like.
Having a Fiero your probably a younger guy.
I'm retired and serve on the Board of Directors for POCI.
Any ideas on how to make this whole forum get more action ?

Is this your 1st Fiero? How long you had it? Is it your only Pontiac?

fastlane
April 20th, 2014, 21:20
No Sir, not my first fiero. Had it 8? yrs. Not my only Pontiac. Not to brag, but just where I'm @ w/Pontiacs: 17 fieros-down from 30. Also have an 81 Esprit, t-top, was a V-6, now a straight 6, automatic, runs/drives but need lots. Also picked up a77 & a 78, each w/Z code V-8s & automatics. I
hope to build 1 from 2 & put in the 81. Have a nice set of 77 honeycomb wheels (date coded as same) to go on the ole gal. Just want to build a nice cruiser. have 2 4.9 Caddy V-8s to go in a fiero or 2, or may put one in my 74 Cimbria kit car using an 88 fiero donor. 85 X-11 needs love as does my 70 Lotus Europa. My other d/d is an 88 Eldorado coupe. Have a custom trike i built in 83 that's waiting for a drivetrain transplant.Enough about me & my junk.

How to spark interest in fieros?? Seems to be sorta tough Mr. Patterson. I've been involved w/fieros some 15 yrs now & had to drop off a couple forums cause not many could/would jump in to help the cause of keeping them alive, in the publics eye or preserving breed. Our chatting here may help get others back on line/on the forums. lets hope so. many stories of how/why the fiero was canned abound, but I'm convienced chevy
had a lot to say about Pontiac beatng them to the mid-engine goal. I'm sure the C-8 vette will be just that.

So, being on the POCI/BOD has it's perks, or so I'd hope. I helped try to get a fiero club going here in S.C., but it fizzled out after a few yrs. And
the fiero is a bastard vehicle, like the corvair/rope drive Tempests,etc., so they are not regarded as true-blue Pontiacs having been parts cars from
chevy/BOP's. Wow man, I've rattled on far too long. Regards,Rick

1953techadvisor
September 29th, 2014, 23:23
hi, my wife and i have a 1986 fiero GT, automatic, factory a/c, and my son has his first car, also a 1986 fiero GT, but with a L67 3800 and 4t65e-hd trans. i don't think of the fieros or the 1961-1963 pontiac tempest/lemans/safaris as being a bastard vehicle. just my opinion.

charles l. coker
1953 pontiac tech advisor
tech advisor coordinator

fastlane
October 25th, 2014, 11:56
Well Sir, no offense ment. My point was that the fiero, corvair, temptest were/are odd-ball designs & not readily accepted by the buying public, although in my book, neat cars-just because they R odd/different. I hope to install a 4.9 in one of my fieros. Got my kit from Ed Parks while he was in the business. Too many projects/too little time. Rick

March 27th, 2015, 20:01
Yes, I have been a POCI member on and off since 1979. I am now driving my second Fiero. Many moons ago I had Trans Ams. But that is another story. My first was an 88 coupe that I had for 12 years, now I have an 87 GT.

March 27th, 2015, 20:13
Well you could attend some Fiero outings and pass out some free POCI materials. You could get the higher ups to recognize the Fiero crowd. I have noticed a big void there! The big wigs of POCI could help with the organization of a Fiero event. If they REALLY wanted to embrace the Fiero community, they could help sponsor, or help the Fiero Clubs put on the 35th Anniversary meet. I went to the first one, the 20th and the 25th. WOW 300 Fieros. They were the events that grabbed the attention of the Fiero community! The Fiero is the only Pontiac that I can recall that didnt share the platform with cheby!! Here in West Michigan we have a lot of Fieros but no club. There is a club in Lansing and one in Metro Detroit. We also have a great place to hold a big meet here in West Michigan. If you could get their approval. A well known and fantastic museum with acres and acres of parking.

March 27th, 2015, 20:22
I agree the Fiero is a great car that actually had some advanced techniques.

March 27th, 2015, 20:29
I too have a 3800SC in my car. Pontiac car with a Pontiac engine.

March 28th, 2015, 20:48
Hey Rick,
I have an 1987 Notchy. My son has a 1988 GT.
This forum doesn't get the traffic I would like.
Having a Fiero your probably a younger guy.
I'm retired and serve on the Board of Directors for POCI.
Any ideas on how to make this whole forum get more action ?

Is this your 1st Fiero? How long you had it? Is it your only Pontiac?

I see that no one has stopped by the Fiero Forum site. Not enough exposure, so no one knows about it. Maybe it should be mentioned in the Smokes! Or you could go to the biggest Fiero Forum, Pennocks Fiero Forum and do an running banner ad that he has. That would get the audience that you need to attract. Especially seeing most are not POCI members but they need to be.

fastlane
April 14th, 2015, 10:32
I'll confess I'm not very active in the fiero community. My 86 jumped timing, so I not driving one now. Have not been on any fiero forums either in a long time. The S.C. forum is very quiet too. Also, the wife bought me an 81 firebird as a gift & it will need some love($$$). It does run & drive, straight 6, automatic, T-Top car. So, of course, I had to pick up a 74 formula 350 along w/77&79 with 400's. All of my car projects are on hold till we get some home improvements completed & many yard projects weeded out. Been stripping a 73 GTO, body is rotted in half but the factory 400 & tranny are in place. And I think the tail lights might be ok.

As for POCI furthering the fiero presents in the club, I think It'll take a dedicated person to really ramp up a column of sorts that can be run as space allows in the monthly rag. Many improvements have been made already & the club managers say they want all aspects of the Pontiac(& Oakland/GMC's) to be represent the largest population of our unique cars/trucks. I know Mr. Keefe is involved in about 100 venues of our club, but I'm sure he'd be happy to help flesh out a fact filled article that may only appear, say, every other issue. I'm sure y'all know the 'fiero" name was first used on a firebird concept car.
Rambled on enough, one day, I'll get another fiero on the road. Peace. Rick

September 28th, 2015, 20:43
Well I hope you are correct. I was looking forward to seeing some articles in SS with Don as Editor. But now who knows? I went to quite a few cars shows this year and was surprised at the number of Pontiac owners who had not heard of POCI. So I asked for some pass out stuff and some one on the board I think said go to the nearest chapter and get some. What the hell? I dont know where the chapter is and I am not a member of a chapter but a member of POCI! So why in the hell cant POCI step to the window? Sorry I got off track. I hope the new guy does some articles about the Fiero Community. AND I hope he does some articles about the New Pontiacs.

October 14th, 2015, 19:27
Hmmm Kind of dead at this forum