PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Fender Interchangeability question.....

Sa1nt B3trayus
September 12th, 2011, 01:58
Ok-lets try this again.....since noone replies to things in the "Body and Paint" section HAHA!

My 72 lemans is in DIRE need of fenders and was wondering if I can use 70 fenders? I read on here that they were exclusive to 1970 fronts. I only want to use the 70 fenders, and the 72 header and such.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you!

Nick

PS-if anyone knows of reasonably priced 72 fenders in So Cal, i'd be up for those as well, but since they are harder to come by, this is my last resort. PM me for my info!

Canamman
September 12th, 2011, 09:32
The 1970 fenders will bolt on, but are lacking the marker light opening that the 1971-72 fenders have. The 1970 marker light is down low under the bumper.

Doug Pulskamp
September 14th, 2011, 08:37
70 GTO fenders are one year only and unique. 71 and 72 have different marker lights as well.

With regard to 70 Lemans/Tempest fenders compared to 72 Lemans/Tempest fenders, I am going to have to do some comparison. The mounting is physically the same. As highlited by Canamman, the marker lights are not in the 70 Lemans/Tempest fenders. From the body line up, they are the same. The lower front corner where the bumper wraps into the fender is something that I need to compare between the 2. -Doug

Sa1nt B3trayus
September 16th, 2011, 04:57
Thanks guys! I really kinda like the markers on the 70....they wont be correct, but its my car and....meh. HAHAAHAH I am just more worried about fastening and alignment. If you could check on that Doug, that would be awesome. Thanks again guys.